: Catera won't start

cateradriver
04-11-05, 02:06 PM
I have a 97 catera and all of a sudden it won't start.I just went to the bank and i don't recall having any problem starting the car.When i returned about 15 min later the car wouldn't start.I heard the engine turn but only for a couple of seconds,now it wont turn at all, and no sound at all when i turn the key.I tried to boost it but nothing happened.The car is now sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone to pick it up.Any help would be appreciated .thanks

omermurat
04-11-05, 05:20 PM
It sounds like a dead battery. Sometimes some of the cells in the battery go bad, as a result you still have some power for lights and horn, but not enough juice to crank the engine. You said you boosted it, (I assume you used a jumper cable not pushed the car.) again, some of the jumper cables are so bad they don't even conduct anything. If I were you I would try it with another battery or at least with a second thicker jumper cable.

Please be very carefull when you jumped the battery, should you cross connect the terminals with the jumper cable you could burn something in the electronics...!

cateradriver
04-17-05, 01:00 AM
I had to replace the starter.Everything work fine now.Thanks for the help.