: Catera Sport????

Randy_W
04-11-05, 12:50 PM
What exactly is different on a Sport?

CateraSport
04-11-05, 02:56 PM
Stock wheels: 17" sport wheels (gray/silver)
Headlights: Stock HID
Spoiler: Yes

That's about all I can come up with

Vesicant
04-11-05, 05:11 PM
Those and:

Sport tuned suspension

Sport seats (if i recall they were Recaro at one time)

Aluminium trimmed interior, gauges, dash.

And the features of the Luxury version - which includes the HID headlights etc.

Randy_W
04-12-05, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the Sport wheels?I read somewhere that Sport also had some sort of lower body cladding? The reason I'm asking all this is, I may buy a Catera and swap in an LS1 drivetrain using a GTO engine cradle. I've done 2 LT1 swaps, one into my '67 Impala SS and one into a '97 Bravada. We are about to do an LS1 into a '98 S-10 sportside, while we were picking up the LS1/tranny combo, I spotted a GTO drivetrain, including the cradle and I got to thinking. A Catera with an LS1 would make a vey quick and fairly economical daily driver, with lots of luxury to boot!:coolgleam

Vesicant
04-12-05, 09:23 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the Sport wheels?I read somewhere that Sport also had some sort of lower body cladding? The reason I'm asking all this is, I may buy a Catera and swap in an LS1 drivetrain using a GTO engine cradle. I've done 2 LT1 swaps, one into my '67 Impala SS and one into a '97 Bravada. We are about to do an LS1 into a '98 S-10 sportside, while we were picking up the LS1/tranny combo, I spotted a GTO drivetrain, including the cradle and I got to thinking. A Catera with an LS1 would make a vey quick and fairly economical daily driver, with lots of luxury to boot!:coolgleam

LT1 Bravada?! Sweet!!

Reguardless some things to take into equation: Not all the GTO stuff will work, and it will take some modifying to get it to. You're also going to need to get entirely new gauges or find a way to get them to work- the lingenfelter swap below was one issue they had to deal with. That and things like finding a rear end that will hold up to the torque. Exhaust/ Fuel/ignition/electrical. Probably no more traction control .. maybe ABS.

http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/602/340Cadillac_Catera_Sport-4-med.jpg - This is a sport model. Yeah theres also body cladding and you see the sport wheels here (17 inch)

Lingenfelter did this Catera (username Catera V, guy who owns it now is Fred Wood former Allante/Seville/Cadillac Engineer) with a C5R V8: Photos (http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php/ppuser/13268/cat/500/password/) Forum post link (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16176)

Katshot
04-13-05, 08:38 AM
All I can say is WOW!

I always liked the Catera Sport but THAT is AMAZING! :worship:

Randy_W
04-14-05, 08:12 AM
We don't plan to get that enthusiastic! That's a cool ride, though. I am going to use an LS1/4L60E from an '04 GTO along with the cradle. Measuring tells us that a very minimal amount of fabbing will be required mechanically. Electronics are another story, but doable. We used an OBD I LT1 in the OBD II Bravada, and we have all functions working, the hardest part was the trip computer. We had schematics and the laptop all over the fenders and engine bay! Traction control and abs are not musts for this project, but if we can manipulate them into working, we will. I plan to use the GTO gauges anyway. I'll keep you posted.:thumbsup:

sjokomelk
04-15-05, 03:26 PM

Isn't the Catera/Opel Omega a sibling to the Holden Calais/Berlina? :confused:
The Calais has got the 3.6VVT-engine and the Berlina the LS1.
There shouldn't be much needed to be done with the car then.

Vesicant
04-15-05, 03:50 PM
Isn't the Catera/Opel Omega a sibling to the Holden Calais/Berlina? :confused:
The Calais has got the 3.6VVT-engine and the Berlina the LS1.
There shouldn't be much needed to be done with the car then.

Technically they're similar- but the omega/catera V platform on that side is modified from the factory to better fit an engine like the LS1. Its named the VE Platform. Using the GTO's VE front engine cradle on the Catera's older V platform to transplant an LT1 is the easiest path.