: Did Anyone See The Race On Speed Yesterday?

CTSV05
04-11-05, 09:28 AM
The Vs were in like 10th and 11th, they marched right up thru the pack into 4th and 5th, but Papas got out into the No-No area on a restart and had to do a drive-thru on the last lap!!! Pilgrim was driving the car that finished 4th.

I wasn't aware the Vs were running GT, against Vettes, Vipers and 911s!!!!

They got quite abit of TV time, as they were very impressive, well IMO anyway. But I certainly am not biased......LOL!!! Man, I'd love to spend a day with those cars and team members!!!!!

trukk
04-11-05, 12:51 PM
I actually managed to watch the race yesterday. It was awesome. The two caddy's both got a terrible start, but then slowly made their way up front. They got held up for a while because of a Viper, and all those damned cautions.

My favorite thing about the race was the amount of coverage the Caddy's got, and it was all positive. The only coverage that the GTO, and Volvo S60R got was when their cars failed (heh, heh).

A good watch,

Chris

don_mccarter
04-11-05, 01:04 PM
I am not up on the SCCA rules, but I watched a race a couple of
weeks ago and they said that the Cadillac got off to such a good
start last year that they were penalized weight wise.
Sounded like the Caddy's had weight added.

I found this on the SCCA web site:
"Rewarding of Equalizing Weight Assigned to Reduce Driver Sensitivity, commonly referred to as “REWARDS Weight,” is a weight equalization system based on the addition and subtraction of ballast weight based on the finishing position of individual drivers in the previous race(s). The goal of the REWARDS System is to provide close on-track competition between a diverse variety of cars in the top third of the field. REWARDS System weight adjustments are in effect for the next race in which a driver competes in the same class."

homer403
04-11-05, 03:47 PM
I managed to catch the first 20 minutes of the race on SPEED channel.... was noticing them starting from a dead stop.... and if it's true the CTS-V race car has the same rear end, how come they don't have wheel hop? Am I missing something. The CTS-V just took off....

Groo-V
04-11-05, 04:25 PM
I managed to catch the first 20 minutes of the race on SPEED channel.... was noticing them starting from a dead stop.... and if it's true the CTS-V race car has the same rear end, how come they don't have wheel hop? Am I missing something. The CTS-V just took off....

I'd be surprised if they're running the exact same rear-end, but if they are, good possibiity they're just a hell of alot better drivers.

trukk
04-11-05, 04:50 PM
If I recal, most of the car has to utilize stock components. I think I read that they are using the FG2 shocks, and the stock T56 tranny.

What I'm sure is not stock is the placement of the shocks. I also be they monkey'd a lot with the rear end geometry for better handling. I also bet there are ZERO rubber isolators anywhere on that car.

-Chris

CTSV05
04-11-05, 05:40 PM
All I know is one of the team members said they are using a stock diff and rear setup.

Now as far as anything being flexible on any mounting surface...I doubt it, as ride quality is way down on the list of priority!!!

Not to mention the roll cage is attached at strategic points throughout the car too.

And I'm sure they are not dumping the clutch either as 60' times mean nothing, only forward accelleration. Although it would be interesting to know how often the diff is replaced.

But I was very excited to see the positive coverage they recieved.

sefa01
04-11-05, 06:53 PM
The Vs were in like 10th and 11th, they marched right up thru the pack into 4th and 5th, but Papas got out into the No-No area on a restart and had to do a drive-thru on the last lap!!! Pilgrim was driving the car that finished 4th.

I wasn't aware the Vs were running GT, against Vettes, Vipers and 911s!!!!

They got quite abit of TV time, as they were very impressive, well IMO anyway. But I certainly am not biased......LOL!!! Man, I'd love to spend a day with those cars and team members!!!!!

The Cadillac race team is running for the second year in the GT series. it finished second to Audi (RS6s) last year in the team competition. Audi isn't running in this now, but Volvo has field a team. There is a very good web site for the Cadillac race team at http://www.teamcadillac.com/

FYI, my son and I got to see the team race at Lime Rock last year and wathced it from the Cadillac hospitality tent. Got to talk to the drivers and see the cars up close and personal. Awesome.

CTSV05
04-12-05, 01:46 AM
The Cadillac race team is running for the second year in the GT series. it finished second to Audi (RS6s) last year in the team competition. Audi isn't running in this now, but Volvo has field a team. There is a very good web site for the Cadillac race team at http://www.teamcadillac.com/

FYI, my son and I got to see the team race at Lime Rock last year and wathced it from the Cadillac hospitality tent. Got to talk to the drivers and see the cars up close and personal. Awesome.

LUCKY BASTAUUURD!!

LOL!! NICE!!!!

LS6HVN
04-13-05, 07:18 AM
I was surprised Archer pulled off a second win in his Viper with his added rewards weight. Did a good job of holding off that Porsche.:thumbsup:

I was soooo bummed that Max got the black flag.:mad:

But hey, they'll do better at Road Atlanta. dont' forget to watch. It'll be on Sunday April 17 10:00am P.T. 1:00 pm E.T. on Speed Channel

Go Caddy

CTSV05
04-13-05, 09:37 AM
I will set the recorder, LUV DEM Vs!!!!