: Sunroof wind brake

Avejoe
04-11-05, 08:22 AM
If U hold the wind brake down by hand it stops all the wind noise in the car when the sun roof is open. Has anyone figured out a way to stop that wind brake from poping up ? There is almost no wind noise when it is held down.

NYCTS
04-11-05, 12:15 PM
Does the wind brake serve a purpose?

caddyv
04-11-05, 07:55 PM
i have noticed the same thing and told cadillac when i took the car in for other problems. they told me nothing is wrong and its normal, maybe just a poor design. it is really annoying though.

Avejoe
04-12-05, 06:40 AM
Held it down for a while with the windows up and got an aweful low preasure douning sound in my ears, a few times, when I let that wind brake up, it stops . Go figure :canttalk:

NIK
04-12-05, 08:35 AM
What's a "wind brake?"

Mowgli
04-12-05, 02:27 PM
Saab sunroof windbrakes do the same thing. So do Mercedes'. They're made that way on purpose.

NIK
04-12-05, 02:57 PM
I repeat (not to sound stupid), but what is a "windbrake?"

chesrowncadillac
04-12-05, 03:27 PM
It is designed to stop wind buffeting. If you have your rear window down it will not buffet with the wind deflector pulled down. If you try it with the windows up you should get a noise from the air getting in car with no place to go(buffering), creating a high pressure area and making noise.

Every brand of car that has a sunroof that is properly designed has a built in wind deflector, It is not a bad design on the part of GM., but good engineering.
We sell 7 different brands of cars, all have this feature as well as every other brand I have ever had on the lot.

Hope this helps

Kadonny
04-12-05, 03:39 PM
If you have ever driven in a car with a sunroof with no brake and the rest of the windows up, you will know how annoying it is.

My wifes Expedition has a small brake but it does not work hardly at all. If we have the roof open we must have another window or at least the vent windows open.

So morale of the story. Wind brakes are good.