: "V" Pinion Support Brace-(thoughts?)

BliTzer
04-11-05, 03:12 AM
BMR Fabrication 2004 - 2005 CTS-V Pinion Support Brace

I am thinking about it.. Read below & express your thoughts, pos or neg feedback needed.
Do not want to waste time or money on something that may not help all that much..

There is also a few other mods im looking at. I already had an extra TB i sent off to them to examine. Hoping to recieve 95mm polished/ported high performance throttleback, if they can match bolt up pattern on my maggie. I did check injectors & they are #42 size. The Cold intake LPE has i ordered as well to increase my max air flow into supercharger. When i get this all installed i will post pics and any problems, if any doing it. I just added a larger Oil cooler & relocated it as well, due to oil temp climbing alot higher with maggie and while other temps went down or maintained same temp.

Ive read alot about driveline problems with several members on this site and also talked to a few V owners personally that i know in this area & in the florida panhandle (pensacola-panama city areas) and so far only 1 had major driveline problems (rearend) another had a drive shaft problem but unrelated to performance/driving. (let driveshaft go to far to ground working on shifter)
So since mine is still in warranty with good time left, im not going to change rear end yet. But, if it does blow, I might see if they will work with me and upgrade rearend based on the difference of price. So far Lund & kachina here in Phoenix has treated me very good when it comes to service & mods made to mt V. :thumbsup:

"The differential is mounted to the rear cradle by soft rubber bushings. Their are two bushings in the rear and only one in the front. This front bushing is responsible for maintaining pinion angle which is critical for u-joint life, launch consistency, and overall driveline efficiency. By simply releasing the clutch at idle with the brake on, the stock, unsupported pinion measured up to 2 degrees of deflection. Aggressive driving loads this bushing significantly more allowing up to 4 degrees of pinion deflection before the OE bushing "bottoms out". Our Pinion Support adds a low deflection polyurethane bushing to the front mount and reduces deflection to almost zero off idle. The result is immediately noticeable as it removes the "spongy" feel noticeable off idle and decreases the audible "thunk" heard when the OE bushing bottoms out. Available in red or black powdercoat. "

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/product_images/8640wb.jpg

Price: $129.95
Manufacturer: Bmr makes it.
Found on Lingenfelter website: www.lingenfelter.com (http://www.lingenfelter.com/)

later..
blitzer ;)

lasstss
04-11-05, 08:38 AM
I have it. Works good except like all BMR stuff. It transmits noise. I can hear the rear sing nicely now.

SBONES
04-11-05, 11:09 AM
:thumbsup: :histeric: :lildevil:

Dave's V
04-11-05, 11:24 AM
I don't have it and probably won't because I don't want anything to mod the rear end area right now. I just had the first rear end replaced at 1700 miles (whined since 1k). I'm not doing any mods until I know the rear end will stay in the vehilcle longer than the stock tires besides upgrading the fluids to redline.

trekster
04-11-05, 12:11 PM
I have the brace sitting in my garage as well as the awhk for a few months now.

willsctsv
04-11-05, 12:38 PM
Dave , try the lucas gear oil. I tried the redline at 300 miles when it first started whining. The diff went at 3K..
I also have the pinion support, I thought it may help preserve the rear. Who knows?
I have 550 miles on the rear and will swap out the gear oil for the Lucas tomorrow..

Dave's V
04-11-05, 06:14 PM
I already ordered redline. I think it'll be better than stock GM fluid but I believe that lucas, redline and royal purple are all around the same. Besides the fluid the rear end is going to remain stock until I know I can trust it.

CVP33
04-11-05, 06:31 PM
I don't see how a brace could cause premature failure of the rear diff', but it would be just like GM to void a warranty claim because of it. Our rear diff's need help. The are a lot of enthusiasts like myself that would love to invest more money in improving the performance. It's a shame we're limited by the diff.

lasstss
04-11-05, 08:46 PM
I don't see how a brace could cause premature failure of the rear diff', but it would be just like GM to void a warranty claim because of it. Our rear diff's need help. The are a lot of enthusiasts like myself that would love to invest more money in improving the performance. It's a shame we're limited by the diff.

Whats really sad is that unlike buying a gearset you cant trust the case! It cost $1400 to buy one outright just to look at it.:crying2:

CTSV05
04-12-05, 12:43 AM
Well, just in case you wanted to have another option Blitzer........

BliTzer
04-12-05, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah, CTSV05.. I forgot your kit covered that area as well.. and some..

hmmm.. i need to chk around and see who would install it, i dont have the time atm..
Cts? effects on 05 warranty with this? if any?

later.. blitzer

wildwhl
04-12-05, 01:36 AM
Blitzer -

Black P.S. shipped to you for half price (used). PM if interested.

WW

CTSV05
04-12-05, 07:17 AM
I see no reason this should void a warranty, but, it seems each dealer may or may not be co-operative.

As I've said before, our dealer, Chesrown is all for the idea, and I'll be doing an install on one of their cars soon, but sadly not all dealers seem as open to improvements.

BTW, where approx. are you located?

BliTzer
04-12-05, 07:28 PM
Phoenix.. ;)

CTSV05
04-12-05, 07:54 PM
I was in Tuscon in Jan. of '01, I really loved the scenery, but man I don't think I could handle the summer!!!

BliTzer
04-12-05, 08:00 PM
lol.. i don't.. i go back to florida and fish & gather up as much seabreaze as i possibly can on the beautiful gulf coast.. emerald waters & white sand beaches.. the humidity is high but the water feels so good.. I bought several properties around the Phoenix/Mesa AZ areas and a house being built as i speak close to Durango, Colorado area.. Hurricane Ivan tore our asses up last year in Florida. So i needed a break from all the chaos while they are rebuilding from Gulf shores, Pensacola areas, and east of there as well... It looked like a a bomb went off and that is the last time i will ever ride one out again. that was number 7 and no damn more.. uhhg.

later blitzer ;)