: What Antisway bars do you have on your Rear Drive B/C/D Cars

N0DIH
04-11-05, 12:00 AM
I am curious what antisway bars does everyone keep on thier B/C/D rear wheel drive cars?

And what plans you have to suspension upgrades?

For me? I plan on either adding the Rancho bar off of my T/A, or getting some HA bars (the Herb Adams VSE bars) that DON'T have the heim joints. I don't know, maybe might go with the heim joints. I like the adustability of my Rancho bars. That is ideal for varying conditions. I have never seen an adjustable bar since.

The heim joints aren't too bad on the street, but they do rattle when they are worn, and if your bar geom is off in an extereme angle and it gets into a bind, they "blow" quite loudly. And then you get some interesting handling characteristics.... I guess "normal" bars don't bind, but the adjustables ones can if you get something off a bit. If anyone wants to see what it looks like let me know.

Wheels
04-11-05, 10:55 AM
I installed a 2nd gen F-body (ws6) swaybar along with the 3rd gen F-body (1le) kevlar lined bushings and 4th gen F-body endlinks. It also has Impala SS springs and zq8 bumpstops installed. Next will be quick ratio 9c1 steering box, rear lca's larger rear swaybar and Bilstin shocks.

N0DIH
04-11-05, 03:46 PM
check on the 92 Trans AM WS6 steering box. It is a 12:1 and should be a bolt in to the B/D cars. It is a contant ratio box, not a variable ratio like many are.

That is what I am looking at using. I don't like variable ratio boxes at all. Might even swap my 80 T/A box on my 94 FWB, as it is rumored to be a contant ratio box also. Just a 14:1 box.

cadillacmike68
04-13-05, 03:30 PM
The factory bars do fine for me. This is a Cadillac, not a hot rod!

DJ Kontakt
04-13-05, 04:39 PM
The RWD caddies that I work on at the shop always receive Addco-type aftermarket bars. They provide a HUGE improvement! It feels like you are driving a diffrent sportier car after a front / rear bar upgrade.

HotRodSaint
04-16-05, 02:14 PM
The factory bars do fine for me. This is a Cadillac, not a hot rod!

My '67 CDV didn't have a factory bar in the rear. It made me realize why they called them 'SWAY BARS'. That rear end would sway back and forth down the highway like a small commuter plane in a storm.

I now view them as saftey devices first, performance devices second.