: nav question?

c5racr1
04-10-05, 10:07 PM
can any one tell me how to use the thing, I have read the book and don't understand. I am going from my house in New Orleans to road atlanta for the ALMS race and would like to know how to use the damn thing.

Dave's V
04-10-05, 10:48 PM
With out posting a book, I'll give you brief instuctions.

Go to your nav screen. You should be able to click on the button next to the checkered flag on the right side. Enter Road Atlanta. You'll get as far as Road A before the selections come up. Move the right knob until you see Road Atlanta and push it in. In about 30 seconds you'll have your directions.

While on NAV screen push in the right knob and your set up options will come up. If you want verbal guidence, select guidence.

Addresses are a little trickier but easy once you get use to it. PM me if you have any questions. I'll give out my phone number and you can call me if you want.

The NAV system can find hotels, ATMs, food, whatever you want. Even a specific type of food closest to you.

crowan
04-11-05, 12:46 AM
Be aware that you can only program the Nav, or make programming changes, if the car is stopped. If it is moving, you will not be able to access the necessary information for programming. Another "improvement" brought to you by the Trial Lawyers of America.

CTSV05
04-11-05, 08:14 AM
Be aware that you can only program the Nav, or make programming changes, if the car is stopped. If it is moving, you will not be able to access the necessary information for programming. Another "improvement" brought to you by the Trial Lawyers of America.

Ahhhh, my favooorit.....

Z06CTSV
04-11-05, 11:31 AM
Hi... When in Atlanta you might want to check if Caddy has something special for us, like parking etc. I went last year and parked near the Corvette people. Check with Atlanta's dealers, I think one is Henessy. Good Luck.

Joe
New Orleans

BeagleBrains
04-11-05, 09:06 PM
Better yet, buy a PDA. Use the PDA program to make your travel list while sitting comfortably at your computer. Keyboard entry is so much nicer. Then download to the PDA. Take the PDA to your V, sit down and transfer via the infrared window. Take care. The NAV computer requires viciously precise IDs. Road usually requires 'RD', North East must me NE......

Joey'sVee
04-24-05, 01:43 AM
I noticed the owners manual say this works with a "Palm"...I have a Dell PDA that doesn't use the "Palm" software...it uses windows so will it transfer from non "Palm" PDAs?

m3driver
04-24-05, 12:15 PM
Better yet, buy a PDA. Use the PDA program to make your travel list while sitting comfortably at your computer. Keyboard entry is so much nicer. Then download to the PDA. Take the PDA to your V, sit down and transfer via the infrared window. Take care. The NAV computer requires viciously precise IDs. Road usually requires 'RD', North East must me NE......

So that actually works? I've tried it with my Treo 600 (palm os) and it never works. I haven't gotten to the part about worrying about format, they never seem to recognize each other.

Marco

ronr
04-24-05, 01:24 PM
I was able to send from my iPaq PocketPC to the Nav unit.

Rickerbucks
04-24-05, 03:27 PM
I have a Blackberry. Anyone been able to transmit to the NAV?

tomm
04-24-05, 09:02 PM
Is there a downloadable user manual for the NAV or is this booklet available anywhere? I dont have one and would like to get one?

Dave's V
04-24-05, 10:40 PM
Is there a downloadable user manual for the NAV or is this booklet available anywhere? I dont have one and would like to get one?

Follow this link to any manual you want.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/doclib.html