: a 66 fleetwood

Adumb
04-10-05, 08:50 PM
i went to my aunt's renewal of vows today and afterward we went to my uncle's dad's house and he mentioned that he had a fleetwood, and im like what year? and he said 66. and i sh*t my pants. it has 64k miles on it and the interior is good. the body has some surface rust and the laquer(sp?) is cracking, but thatll just take some sanding and repainting. it has the 427 and he said he was gonna sell it this summer, i sh*t my pants again, so i asked what he was gonna sell it for and he said hed be happy to get 1500 for it. and i said i am your f****n man! i just thought id share this news with you. give me feedback, good idea, bad idea, idk what ever your thoughts are on this.

Elvis
04-10-05, 10:37 PM
429? 390?

BUY IT!!!!!

66 is the best year to get (IMO) between 65-70.

Congrats in advance!

Adumb
04-10-05, 11:00 PM
im not sure what engine. i guessed 429, he said 427 then i got home and looked it up, still cant find sh*t about it. i suck with search engines. and i saw that 425 was part of the 500 472 425 and 368 caddy engines. so i have no clue.any help would be appriciated. and if some one knows what engine it has, maybe the stock hp too. thanks

DaveSmed
04-10-05, 11:47 PM
It SHOULD have the 429. Those are badass! The interior makes mine look like crap, IMO they have the last of the REAL Classic Cadillac interiors. They look awesome to boot! That is my second favorite, only reason its #2 is because of the lack of 472. LOTS of pics are REQUIRED.

slk230mb
04-10-05, 11:52 PM
Nice find.

Ralph
04-11-05, 12:01 AM
Excellent! What colour is it??

I have an old 1966 National Geographic magazine that my Mom bought that year and here is the 1966 add from it....scanned for you....

There is also a cool T-Bird add and Impala.

Playdrv4me
04-11-05, 12:23 AM
From Ralphies Article...

......Cadillacs provide lasting satisfaction and retain their value better than any other luxury car. New or used-they represent the finest investment on the highway...

Those were the days...

Ralph
04-11-05, 12:31 AM
From Ralphies Article...

......Cadillacs provide lasting satisfaction and retain their value better than any other luxury car. New or used-they represent the finest investment on the highway...

Those were the days...

I was thinking the same thing.

WHAT HAPPENED?!

Lexus?? :shhh: :lildevil:

They do provide "lasting satisfaction" if cared for. :thumbsup:

p.s. I think the yellow Caddy in the add is an older model and they are showing the new '66 in front of it for comparison.

powerglide
04-11-05, 03:03 AM
Wooooweeeee! You are one lucky dude!!

These conversations usually end up "....I had a mint 66, but I just donated to charity last month because it was takin up space..."

Jealous.... in a way its a catch too, because now you gotta buy it and you gotta keep it.....no?

Adumb
04-11-05, 04:59 AM

its dark green.

Elvis
04-11-05, 09:49 AM
The yellow Caddy in the ad is either a '63 or a '64. Those are both good years.

I never cared much for the '61 or '62. If I had to rank all the Caddy's from the 1960's, I'd choose the '60 Coupe DeVille first, and the '66 Fleetwood or DeVille second. I like them that much.

DopeStar 156
04-11-05, 11:11 AM
National Geographic is the magazine when it comes to classic car ads. You can find ads for anything in that mag.

slk230mb
04-11-05, 11:14 AM

I have an old 1966 National Geographic magazine that my Mom bought that year and here is the 1966 add from it....scanned for you....

There is also a cool T-Bird add and Impala.

I wonder what those guys are aiming at? Skeet perhaps?

Ralph
04-11-05, 08:28 PM
I wonder what those guys are aiming at? Skeet perhaps?

probably just an airplane going by and they were bored. :shhh: :brutal:

Should I scan the Impala and T-Bird adds?? Or is that off-topic?

Like your new sig.

slk230mb
04-11-05, 08:36 PM
Like your new sig.

Thanks.

Adumb
04-11-05, 08:39 PM
yeah, i havent seen your 59's yet, they look perfect.

Ralph
04-11-05, 08:40 PM
yeah, i havent seen your 59's yet, they look perfect.

I think he put pics of them in my thread called "pics of a local restored '59 Caddy"

See if you can find it. Lounge I think.

TomDeville
04-11-05, 09:40 PM
Hi Adam,

Are you near Buffalo? (Snow/Salt/Rust zone? ;and,
moreover, close enough for me to come get it if you
don't want it!?!)
In any event, that car is a bona fide treasure.
Snatch it up before he changes his
mind. Also, he's family. Accordingly, you should
'spin' it like you're doing him a favor ie. --it will take
alot of body work... it's going to need alot of TLC...
;and, money etc.,... and you're a nice young man...
think of the space he'll be saving etc.... :sneaky:
Hell, he might just give it to you :devil:
Alternatively, if he was going to sell
it to a stranger he would have been happy taking
$1,500.00. Consequently, if you play it right you
should be able to score that Sweet Ride for just
a $Grand Dude.
I LOVE that car. When I was just a wee lad, that was the
car that made me a Caddy fan (it was white on white
with that old style green tinting owned by my older
American Country Gentleman Doctor Cousin, instead
of horses he kept White Caddys in his horse stable,
and it was always full).
Those were the days indeed.

TomDeville :coolgleam :coolgleam

davesdeville
04-11-05, 11:04 PM
probably just an airplane going by and they were bored. :shhh: :brutal:

Should I scan the Impala and T-Bird adds?? Or is that off-topic?

Like your new sig.

It's off topic but do it anyway. :yup:

BluEyes
04-12-05, 12:10 AM
hehe, I got my '70 SDV for $350. Yes, I drove it home (50 miles).

The best cars are the ones that you don't look for, they just find you.

Definately jump all over that deal. Make sure he knows you are serious though. Sometimes among family, people will think that you only showed interest because they are family but you aren't truly serious. Stay in contact with him, so you don't get left with "oh, I didn't think that anyone would be interested in that huge old thing, so I just scrapped it..." I've seen some truly beautiful, nearly showroom condition cars in the junkyard, vehicles that no real American would have even considered sending to the big hammer.

TomDeville
04-12-05, 12:30 AM
Esteemed Caddycommunity,

Great Uncle needs his ass kissed,
and quick.
Moreover, Young Blueyes is
correct in the assessment,
of this scenario, in its totality.
In dealing with family, there is always
alot of B.S. ;and, apparent miscommunication.
Consequently, the big hammer literally kills
alot of priceless and irreplaceable
veritable vehicular pieces of Americana
each and everyday.

TomDeville :coolgleam :coolgleam

Ralph
04-12-05, 01:18 AM
It's off topic but do it anyway. :yup:

You got it Boss! I put them as big as they allow....

Buick Electra also...

Elvis
04-12-05, 11:41 AM
Those are great ads, Ralph.

Sal needs to set up an archive just for those. I don't care who the manufacturer was.

Oh yeah. I forgot. I'm not speaking to you. :rant2:

BluEyes
04-12-05, 03:44 PM
Yes, I love old car ads, have a few to contribute. An archive would be great.

Ralph
04-12-05, 05:42 PM
Sorry the Electra add is a little fuzzy. I didn't want to press to book down too hard because the spine might have broke and it's 39 years old. I've got an excellent condition Consumer Reports from 1970 and it is FULL of adds! I'll try to remember to bring it back next time I'm there (I'll scan the better adds and articles) and it was the issue that convinced my Dad to buy a new 442 W 30 in 1971. The Mopar musclecar adds are incredible in it!

davesdeville
04-12-05, 05:59 PM
Is that as big as you can get them or is it just limited by attachment size?

I remember in Humanities class last year we were working with magazines for something and I saw an ad for the first Cimmaron. Too bad I didn't take it.

Ralph
04-12-05, 10:32 PM
Is that as big as you can get them or is it just limited by attachment size

Ya, you can only go 600 by 600 pixels I believe but those pages fron National Geographic are so small to begin with. That "Consumer Reports" has huge pages in comparison that would make for a nicer scan.

adam_mcd
04-13-05, 02:19 AM
omg i fell in love with land yachts in my grandfathers old national geographics and their ads when i was a kid. seriously, every geographic would have at least one caddy and one lincoln. omg i remember monte carlo ads and frikin studebakers. god...those were the days, huh. remember how they bragged about mileage (and circled them) that would be impossible to duplicate?