: Guys with FG2 Shocks: Got a Q

Dreamin
04-10-05, 05:34 PM
If you upgraded from stock shocks to the FG2 (can compare before and after)... did the FG2 reduce side-to-side body roll?

Not steady-state roll like on a freeway onramp... that's obviously the sway-bars... but the "body wiggle" the car has going over uneven pavement, dips, rough roads, etc.

Also, can you measure your ride-height and post here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36240

darvish
04-10-05, 08:03 PM
I upgraded to the FG2s a couple days ago,, besides the harsh ride... in a good way... the back end gets happy when cornering ... con brio.. over uneven surfaces.. THAT is the only aspect i dont like about them... rally cars have very long travel compliant suspensions to stick to uneven surfaces... the opposite of this suspension.. these shocks are made for a race track... and other than Nelson Ledges... :lildevil: most road courses i ahve been on are pretty smooth.

So i guess the answer is, it makes it worse... if you are willing to live with this,, I think the FG3s are a good thing.

Bill
St Louis

Dreamin
04-10-05, 09:24 PM
I meant side-to-side body roll going when one side goes over a bump/dip... if the FG2 shocks reduce the roll.
Not the tires loosing traction (over-steer or under-steer)

urbanski
04-11-05, 08:55 AM
well, considering i dont' really know what you mean by body roll over bumps...maybe that means I don't have it..?
My car never has roll, lean, or anything. Flat and stiff as a board.

Dreamin
04-11-05, 12:48 PM
Thanks Urb :thumbsup: