: OBDII Programmers

WinnipegCadillac
04-10-05, 04:16 PM
Anyone ever use one of those (Hypertech, or whoever the deuce makes them) OBDII programmers on a Northstar? Are there any gains to be realized. Just saw those guys on Hot Rod TV put one on a Mustang, and get like 48 horese out of it. Not to say this will happen, but just curious? :confused:

1fastSTS
04-10-05, 06:20 PM
apparently there is no tuning available for these cars yet, b.c noone has figured out the code. it kinda sucks that pretty much every car seems to have tuning available except for this motor. Id be thrilled to see a nice 20hp gain.
i did however see pro-tech has lists of cars they can tune as they also state they can tune"any car" and seville was listed amongst them. Has anyone tried them before?

davesdeville
04-10-05, 07:41 PM
Most of the improved performance from chips comes from advancing timing. Most cars are set up to run regular so the chip advances the timing and now the car requires premium. Pre 00 northstars already do this pretty much. So I wouldn't think a chip would do much. Then again I see chips for 93-95s that claim a few HP gain so I don't know what to think.