: 99 N doesnt come with factory strut tower bar?

1fastSTS
04-10-05, 11:07 AM
My girlfriends father has a 95 STS, i noticed he has a strut tower bar in his engine bay...my 99 STS doesnt...does anyone with my car have one? or is my year not have one?or is this an option mine doesnt come with?

Thanks.

danbuc
04-10-05, 11:35 AM
When they switch to the new body style in 1998, they did away with the strut tower bar. I guess it was no longer needed with the new chassis design. If you really, really want one, RSM Racing sells a nice aluminum one, but it's kind of expensive. They also have a rear one too.

1fastSTS
04-10-05, 12:42 PM
haah yea i saw them, your right, they are real expensive.
on the RegalGS i had, i bought both of them from factory for 15 bucks a piece, dammit want cant caddy have factory ones.

on my launch , the torque steer is about the same as the RegalGS off the line. the front and back strut bars cleaned that right up!, thats what i was hoping to achieve. eh, if i have more money laying around eventually maybe ill just buy em.

powerglide
04-10-05, 02:25 PM
strut tower bars can eliminate torque steer?

1fastSTS
04-10-05, 05:15 PM
It just helps keep the car more stable, turns etc. but i found after i installed them in both the rear and front of my Supercharged RegalGS , off the line i wasnt sliding to the left or the right from flooring it.
it was so bad at times i was afraid of hitting the other car i was racing from the light...i figured the ones for the STS would have a similar effect.