: Fix-a-flat = Standard Feature

Dave's V
04-10-05, 02:38 AM
Well at least on the new Grand Prix GXP. They use different tire sizes front and rear (wider ones on the front by the way). The wheels are 18s, I forgot the tire size. No spare. They can't even carry an extra full size spare in the trunk because it would only fit 1/2 the wheels. The answer is On Star or cell phone if it is real bad. I found this on the clubgp website. Does this seem screwed up to anyone else? Alright, I'm considering using the fix-a-flat for when I replace my EMTs with regular tires, but not as a standard feature. I will probably just go with the extra spare rim/tire in the trunk, because I don't know if I'm going to let On Star do their "market research" on me after the first year.

Groo-V
04-10-05, 10:13 AM
Definitely go with the tire/rim in the trunk if you're going away from the run-flats. The full size can basically fit underneath the trunk carpet. I took the best of the original run-flat for the spare and stuck it under there. Don't forget the jack and lug wrench. I went with GS/D3's and, including a Migilia rim for the spare, still spent about $300 less than 4 EMTs.

2004ctsv
04-10-05, 12:06 PM
Definitely go with the tire/rim in the trunk if you're going away from the run-flats. The full size can basically fit underneath the trunk carpet. I took the best of the original run-flat for the spare and stuck it under there. Don't forget the jack and lug wrench. I went with GS/D3's and, including a Migilia rim for the spare, still spent about $300 less than 4 EMTs.

Wait a minute here - how did you get the spare to fit under the rug/cardboard cover? I've got about 1/2 inch too much wheel/tire in the well to snug down the cover.

Tony

Groo-V
04-11-05, 10:18 AM
Wait a minute here - how did you get the spare to fit under the rug/cardboard cover? I've got about 1/2 inch too much wheel/tire in the well to snug down the cover.

Tony

A little carving here and there. I got it down to about 1/8" and am ok with that.