: Body to Frame Bushings on 94-96 FWB?

N0DIH
04-10-05, 12:09 AM
I have heard that the 94-96 FWB's were missing 2 each of the body to frame bushings on each side.

I know Buick was famous for doing this to improve ride. Did Cadillac do it too?

Now, to twist it. My V4P FWB seems to have all the bushings installed. I found a bushing at every place there was a bolt hole all the way from front to back. 2 behind rear axle, one on top, one just in front of the axle, one in the middle right around base of the B Pillar, one just under the A Pillar, and one front around the front end.

Are V4P cars the exception?

Thanks!!!

FASSTWOOD
04-10-05, 09:50 AM
No, My car had all the bushings also. ALthough they were all shot but it had all the bushings...

N0DIH
04-10-05, 04:09 PM
Ok, mine so far seem ok from the ones I have looked at. The car doesn't seem like it had a hard life. But you never know....

theGman
04-10-05, 05:25 PM
I heard that only the Chevys had the missing bushings. I have them all in my 95 FWB. I read about this on a thread somewhere.

FASSTWOOD
04-10-05, 07:59 PM
I read that thread too. Then I went and ordered the those bushings and then found out I already had them but they were bad so I changed it anyway...

N0DIH
04-10-05, 10:16 PM
So did the bushing swap (did you put in the firm ones?) make a difference in ride and handling?

FASSTWOOD
04-10-05, 11:14 PM
I did notice something I don't know if it was mental or not. Every time I hit a bump the nose would shake so I replace the complete radiator support bushings I think thats were I really notce a difference. No more crazy shake up front...

N0DIH
04-11-05, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, mine shakes some, more than I like. Much more than my 91 SDV does.

I will take a look!