: Update on leak

carguy16
04-09-05, 01:59 PM
My neighbor said that he had to un-plug a wire to the engine, put he plugged it back in? I dont know, he said the check engine light will come on, and it is. The engine seems to be running a little more RPM's, and BOTH fan's are on even though the car is just started up and the A/C is not running.

The leaking is coming directly from the hose above the power steering gear box, it will need to be taken to the dealership to be repaired.

I'd like to take it to an autoparts store to pull codes, but I cant drive it, unless its to a service garage, im hoping to take it there on Monday.:bonkers:

carguy16
04-10-05, 10:58 AM
Anyone?

FASSTWOOD
04-10-05, 11:15 AM
Why do you have to take it to the dealership? Don't you have a regular mechanic you can take it to. I'm sure you could find someone to look at it for a lot less money than a dealer... Just my opinion.

carguy16
04-10-05, 06:14 PM
I found a shop that some one recomended. They had an 88 Sedan Deville, that has over 200k miles on it, he says that he takes it to this particular shop, at any rate, I will take it there, he was recomended.

Why do you have to take it to the dealership? Don't you have a regular mechanic you can take it to. I'm sure you could find someone to look at it for a lot less money than a dealer... Just my opinion.

ocjmakaveli
04-11-05, 02:51 PM
My neighbor said that he had to un-plug a wire to the engine, put he plugged it back in? I dont know, he said the check engine light will come on, and it is. The engine seems to be running a little more RPM's, and BOTH fan's are on even though the car is just started up and the A/C is not running.

The leaking is coming directly from the hose above the power steering gear box, it will need to be taken to the dealership to be repaired.

I'd like to take it to an autoparts store to pull codes, but I cant drive it, unless its to a service garage, im hoping to take it there on Monday.:bonkers:

why did he have to un plug it?

if your car is reacting differently after he worked on it then he probably messed something up or left something disconnected maybe a hose was disconnected.

I still don't get why he had to unplug something yet he didn't tell you why and YOU didn't ask him?

Take it to a real mechanic not the dealership and get all of it checked out at once stop wasting time that guy doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing any hose can be replaced by a real mechanic you can even do it yourself all you have to do is take off the hose and buy a replacement.

BluEyes
04-11-05, 06:44 PM
it sounds like he might have unplugged the coolant temp sensor. That would light the SES light, and have the fan come on as a 'just in case' since the ECU no longer has any way of telling how hot the engine is.

Look for a loose wire/connector around where the upper radiator hose meets the engine or on the cylinder heads. That's usually where they put them.

carguy16
04-11-05, 09:03 PM
I talked to the shop, they said they would reset the battery, if that doesnt work, I hope they will pull codes, for free, since I just had them do some work on the car.

I found it strange it took two tries to start, each taking 4-5 seconds, and blow by coming out of the exhaust when a mechanic started it up.

I have NEVER seen blow by come out of my car before. When I had my windows tinted, I was right there when the car was started up, and there was NO BLOW BY what so ever, I dont know what the heck is going on, but I know it has something to do with the service engine soon light.

The connection seemed tight when I pushed it back in, I have no clue what it may be.

it sounds like he might have unplugged the coolant temp sensor. That would light the SES light, and have the fan come on as a 'just in case' since the ECU no longer has any way of telling how hot the engine is.

Look for a loose wire/connector around where the upper radiator hose meets the engine or on the cylinder heads. That's usually where they put them.