: XM to Sirius Conversion?

estatesatty
04-08-05, 04:54 PM
Is there any way, using the factory antenna, that you can convert over to Sirius? My two main reasons for ever wanting Satellite is Howard Stern and Nascar. Yes, Nascar is on XM now, but not for long. Thus, in the longer term I am going to want Sirius and Not XM. Any ideas?

thebigjimsho
04-08-05, 05:04 PM
You may not need to eventually. XM has increased their rates to match Sirius and I think Sirius is superior anyway. But, like what happened to satellite TV, I've heard rumors of an eventual merger. I hope that's the case since I have Sirius in the work car and XM in the V. It'll be cheaper once they merge.

GNSCOTT
04-08-05, 06:17 PM
I'll bet he wants to hear Howard Stern. I'll be getting sirius soon. I'm hoping they come out with a portable version like XM so I can pick it up on any FM radio.

M5eatr
04-09-05, 10:19 AM
You may not need to eventually. XM has increased their rates to match Sirius and I think Sirius is superior anyway. But, like what happened to satellite TV, I've heard rumors of an eventual merger. I hope that's the case since I have Sirius in the work car and XM in the V. It'll be cheaper once they merge.

On the contrary, it will limit competition and the consumer will eventually pay more. They probably won't be able to get it past the FCC and the Federal anti trust boards. I used to listen to Stern and bought Sirius stock. We just got Opie and Anthony on XM and it is the same stuff. They have their own wack pack too. I just wish that they come up with a better financial network. Bloomberg on XM is limited and CNBC has too many commercials. Instead of having Snoop's or Eminem's rap shows, how about their take on the fashizzle dizzle financials....I got my mind on my money and my money's on my mind....sipp'n on gin and juice.

GNSCOTT
04-09-05, 11:57 AM
It would easily get past anti trust boards and the FCC because just like cable companies (which we only get 1 of) there is FREE TV and FREE radio, and the FCC does not have any control over Satellite Radio, or Cable TV.
As for O&A, they may be the same format as Stern, but it is not near the quality (IMHO of course:) )

thebigjimsho
04-09-05, 12:41 PM
On the contrary, it will limit competition and the consumer will eventually pay more. They probably won't be able to get it past the FCC and the Federal anti trust boards. I used to listen to Stern and bought Sirius stock. We just got Opie and Anthony on XM and it is the same stuff. They have their own wack pack too. I just wish that they come up with a better financial network. Bloomberg on XM is limited and CNBC has too many commercials. Instead of having Snoop's or Eminem's rap shows, how about their take on the fashizzle dizzle financials....I got my mind on my money and my money's on my mind....sipp'n on gin and juice.I doubt that highly. DirecTV's prices have remained very reasonable over the 10 years I've subscribed. Ultimately, they are going to merge. There isn't enough market for them both at the rate of growth they're at when you look at the money they are spending to attract different personalities.

They are obviously also competing against free radio and the ever popular and ever increasing digital media. Who knows, maybe in a short time we'll all have internet connectivity in our cars in which we can stream any station that has streaming capabilities.

I just think that if Satellite radio plays games, they will die a quick death.

ctsvinman
04-09-05, 01:50 PM
M5eatr...... There is only one Howard, I will give you the chance to recall your email. You must have been drinking :drinker when you wrote that.... or maybe you hit you hear too hard :banghead: or maybe you're just :bonkers: ....

Just kidding man, I'm just having some fun on a Saturday morning. baBaBooey too you all!

L8er guys
VinMan out.....