: Had alittle to much maybe...

SBONES
04-08-05, 07:49 AM
ya i hit a curb last night. Hit with the front, then ran over it with the back of the tire. Both front and rear passenger side rims, are really scraped up. I remember u guys talking about paint. Ya i goofed on you guys earlyer for painting the rims, but this is hopfully going to save me G. Where do i get it. I was speedint through a neighborhood and just clipped the curb. Scared the shit out of me, i thought i broke the car. Everything seems fine. I hit hard...:hmm: :shhh:

HDMLNIUM
04-08-05, 09:03 AM
Ouch...:banghead:

That sucks to read, glad to hear it was just two of your rims and not more.
It could have been a lot worse, speeding in a neighborhood doesn't leave much room for era. You have curbs, "which you know" parked cars, telephone poles, fire hydrants, mail boxes, animals, your occasional small child, landscaping, and not to mention if you really loose it the houses them selves. :shocked2: :getaway:
Not trying to preach, just trying to get it all in so no one else has to go there..
We are all guilty of it I am sure, but I know it was 2am in the morning and everyone was in bed, and the roads were vacant. But don't forget about the young teenage boys that sneak out while their parents are asleep to go sneek in their girlfriends bedroom to get some..:lildevil: "God, I miss those days" :devillaug But that is for a whole nother story isn't it??..:shhh:

Anyway, moral of the story;
Drive her like you stole her, just don't loose it in a neighborhood..
Have fun and be safe, or at least as safe as you can while having fun.. :cheers:

Bill-05-V

http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_CTS-V1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_engine-yeah.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_BB-Baby.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers and Cags Eliminator,
K&N drop in filter, B&B 3" resonator exhaust, BMR Toe Rods/Trailing arms .... More Mods coming..
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

ylwjacket
04-08-05, 09:13 AM
Ouch...:banghead:

But don't forget about the young teenage boys that sneak out while their parents are asleep to go sneek in their girlfriends bedroom to get some..:lildevil:
Bill-05-V

That's it - bars on my daughter's windows are going in this weekend. The oldest is only 12, but she might as well get used to the look of it now.:want:

ylwjacket
04-08-05, 09:15 AM
ya i hit a curb last night. Hit with the front, then ran over it with the back of the tire. Both front and rear passenger side rims, are really scraped up. I remember u guys talking about paint. Ya i goofed on you guys earlyer for painting the rims, but this is hopfully going to save me G. Where do i get it. I was speedint through a neighborhood and just clipped the curb. Scared the shit out of me, i thought i broke the car. Everything seems fine. I hit hard...:hmm: :shhh:

I did the same thing pulling out of a Papa John's. The driveway was tight, and a lady in a huge ass cadillac came barrelling around the corner, causing me to evade. I hit the curb pretty hard, which gave me a scare. Scraped the side a little, but it seems OK. Not bad enough for paint. I was only going about 10 mph though.

willsctsv
04-08-05, 09:44 AM
Ouch, sound's like you need some new rims!!!!

SBONES
04-08-05, 10:13 AM
jst checked out the avus rims. 19 x 8.5, 5000$. guess it gives me something to look forward to. ordered anothet stock rim 500$ from the dealer. i dont think ill be speeding through the hood anymore. :helpless:

urbanski
04-08-05, 10:26 AM
jst checked out the avus rims. 19 x 8.5, 5000$. guess it gives me something to look forward to. ordered anothet stock rim 500$ from the dealer. i dont think ill be speeding through the hood anymore. :helpless:
FYI, the HREs I got are over 1 grand less.

04-08-05, 10:42 AM
don't forget about the member who is auctioning some stock rims on eBay...it seems that the starting bid was 300 for one, not 4, even though the title says "4 CTS-V rims." It is not quite clear.

urbanski
04-08-05, 10:44 AM
and in about 5 weeks i'll be selling mine :)

SBONES
04-08-05, 10:58 AM
urbanski, did u get that kit on your car. i saw the video. looked like hop was 95% gone. If it works for u, ill probobly get one. i dont like noise so i hope it is quit...i also didnt want to get the same rims that you got.

Dave's V
04-08-05, 11:01 AM
I thought the member that had his rims on EBAY already sold his rims here for around $350 a piece. I just wanted to wait till he got the rims before I commited to anything. $350 is a fair price if it includes shipping. Otherwise, you can get them from the factory for around $390 which I believe includes delivery.

I guess now we'll see what 4 new rims will go for on EBAY. One thing I don't like about the EBAY sale is that it is misleading. Who wins? The guy that bets $300ea for 4 wheels or the people that bet $310 each for one. Does the higher single buyers override the one that buys 4? Why can't you bid $315 for a single wheel now?

Urbanski,
If you are interested in selling yours, let me know. Of coarse since they sound like they are used $350 wouldn't be a fair price.

urbanski
04-08-05, 11:24 AM
urbanski, did u get that kit on your car. i saw the video. looked like hop was 95% gone. If it works for u, ill probobly get one. i dont like noise so i hope it is quit...i also didnt want to get the same rims that you got.
naw, I ordered CTSV05's kit....but it's a few weeks til delivery :)

CTSV05
04-08-05, 11:39 AM
I did the same thing pulling out of a Papa John's. The driveway was tight, and a lady in a huge ass cadillac came barrelling around the corner, causing me to evade. I hit the curb pretty hard, which gave me a scare. Scraped the side a little, but it seems OK. Not bad enough for paint. I was only going about 10 mph though.

DAMN CADILLAC DRIVERS!!!!!LOL!!!

SBONES
04-08-05, 12:14 PM
ctsv05, is the stage 3 the way to go. And also, whats on your car..:hmm: :sneaky: what does to the limit actully mean, caus i drive pritty fast.:burn: I live in pa. ill make the trip if you put it on..if not then who?..:thumbsup: