: GM Needs a Spell Checker...

StealthV
04-07-05, 11:14 PM
Tonight I was helping a customer with the installation of a !CAGS Eliminator and was looking at my installation photos. On the transmission, can you find a word with a letter missing?

!CAGS Install (http://www.stealthv.com/StealthVProducts/CAGS/!cags_eliminatorInstallation.htm)

Vesicant
04-07-05, 11:22 PM
You know what its actually spelled that way... lol. I for the life of me always thought it was dextron too. Looked it up on the net and in some manuals of mine. Wow this is odd.

StealthV
04-07-05, 11:24 PM
Always thought it was Dextron as well. Just looked on the shelf and there sits the bottle "GM Vehicle Care Dexron-III"

Huh? What? When? :bonkers:

Looks like I need the spell checker. :suspect:

StealthV
04-07-05, 11:33 PM
Doing a little quick research, it used to be called Dextron. Silly marketing types screwing with our gearhead brains for zero value added. :)

Vesicant
04-07-05, 11:46 PM
Doing a little quick research, it used to be called Dextron. Silly marketing types screwing with our gearhead brains for zero value added. :)

Bah.

Well atleast now we won't embarrass ourselves in the future LOL. :werd:

CVP33
04-08-05, 12:06 AM
Yess, butt thay mispelled "onley" tu.

ronr
04-08-05, 08:59 AM
Don't forget...GM spells "employee" as "employe" on all of their HR documentation since the feel eliminating that extra "e" (which Webster insists is a valid spelling) saves them millions in paper and ink cost every year. Rumor has it that someone actually got an award in their suggestion system for suggesting this change :hmm:

turbojimmy
04-08-05, 09:05 AM
If it makes you feel better the factory service manual is full of misspellings and other gaffes, too. There's a form at the end of each book that you can tear out and send in to report such things.

Jim

lasstss
04-08-05, 10:06 AM
Don't forget...GM spells "employee" as "employe" on all of their HR documentation since the feel eliminating that extra "e" (which Webster insists is a valid spelling) saves them millions in paper and ink cost every year. Rumor has it that someone actually got an award in their suggestion system for suggesting this change :hmm:

Must be the New Jersey version.. employ eh!