: Factory Service Manual / PS leak

carguy16
04-07-05, 06:35 PM
Ok, I just ordered the Factory Service Manual for my 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on ebay motors, huge book!

It is filled with information, it was interesting reading about the distributer and transmission, complex stuff.

At any rate, i bought it mainly for the purpose of reading about the power steering system. It shows diagrams of the plumbing, but I dont recall seeing anything about replacement of the steel lines.

I lent the book to my neighbor who is currently in possession of the car, he will read over it and see what he can do to fix the leak.

Is this something I will have to go to the dealer to get? Or could you go to an auto parts store and buy the tube and a bender???

carguy16
04-07-05, 08:48 PM
Not to mention, the diagrams of the tranny help you understand where the boost valve and sleeve come into play for the reverse issues, so much you can learn.

ocjmakaveli
04-08-05, 02:17 AM
Ok, I just ordered the Factory Service Manual for my 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on ebay motors, huge book!

It is filled with information, it was interesting reading about the distributer and transmission, complex stuff.

At any rate, i bought it mainly for the purpose of reading about the power steering system. It shows diagrams of the plumbing, but I dont recall seeing anything about replacement of the steel lines.

I lent the book to my neighbor who is currently in possession of the car, he will read over it and see what he can do to fix the leak.

Is this something I will have to go to the dealer to get? Or could you go to an auto parts store and buy the tube and a bender???

honestly I don't know but you can try to go to a shop and show them the hose you need after you remove it and see if they can sell you one or if htey can tell you where you can get one. They should know because they have to replace them all the time.

I would have to suggest take your car to a good shop for a good diagnostics so they can clearly see what it is you need basically pay the fee to have it checked which should be less than $50 and then just replace whatever they tell you.

I honestly hate the diagnostics part it's the hardest and most complex and it's also easy to get it wrong if you don't understand the system completely.