: re-programming door-lock unlock feature

shrek
04-07-05, 07:02 PM
does anyone know how to re-program the power door locks so they will lock when you put the car in gear..2001 catera

Vesicant
04-07-05, 07:25 PM
Its in your owners manual - pages 2-5 through 2-6

No manual? :

Each remote keyless entry transmitter supplied with your vehicle can be programmed to suit each driver's door lock preference. The two remote keyless entry transmitters are identified on the back with either a "1" or a "2". Each transmitter can be programmed seperately.

The automatic door locks can be programmed (using the remote keyless entry transmitter) for various lock and unlock options.

With the igniton on, the transmission in PARK (P) and the brake pedal pressed down, you are now ready to begin programming.

-

To program:

All doors do not unlock when shifting into PARK (P) -
Press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

All doors unlock when shifting in to PARK (P) -
Press the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

(Please note that the unlock button will toggle between the above two settings.)

All doors do not lock when shifting out of PARK (P) -
Press the lock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

All doors lock when shifting out of PARK (P) -
Press the lock button on the remote keyless entry four times. Each press should be held for about one second with less than five seconds in between each press.

(Please note that the lock button will toggle between the above two settings.)

PAPER CHASER
03-30-08, 10:04 PM
Its in your owners manual - pages 2-5 through 2-6

No manual? :

Ok but what if you don't have the remote transmitter . Is
there a way to re-enable the automatic unlock when you
put the car in park ?

FYI = I don't have a remote & I would like the doors to unlock
when I put it in park .

Army_MP_From_MO
03-30-08, 10:38 PM
I would bet it's possible. You'll probably be able to find a local stealership that can do it, call first.