: Only half of cradle bushings installed???

GSRswapandslow
09-13-13, 10:17 PM
So....i've had my CTS-V for a few weeks now, and FINALLY had time to crawl up under it. My revshift tranny insert and diff bushings showed up...so i wanted to check the condition of the installed ones. As I'm looking, i notice that the rear cradle bushings are red! I'm kind of excited, of course, but then I get confused. The front bushings are still black rubber....WTF!?!?!?!?

So...here I am...rear cradle bushings in, front ones stock.... what do I do now??? Should I just go ahead and buy all new ones, leave it as is, or try to talk a company into selling me just the front set?

Also, who all makes red cradle bushings? I know revshift does, as I ALMOST ordered them this morning.

GSRswapandslow
09-16-13, 11:35 AM
Update.......messing around the web...i ran across the BMR site.... so, i believe my car has the anti-wheel hop kit as well as the pinion brace... my car keeps having more and more stuff done to it..lol, i can't decide if it's a good or bad thing!

so anyways....are these worth keeping, or should I pull them off? I have a revshift diff bushing sitting here, as well as a trans insert, and will the diff bushings work with the BMR parts installed?

barrok69
09-16-13, 03:36 PM
Update.......messing around the web...i ran across the BMR site.... so, i believe my car has the anti-wheel hop kit as well as the pinion brace... my car keeps having more and more stuff done to it..lol, i can't decide if it's a good or bad thing!

so anyways....are these worth keeping, or should I pull them off? I have a revshift diff bushing sitting here, as well as a trans insert, and will the diff bushings work with the BMR parts installed?

I bought the BMR kit and had it on my car for a little while. It is pretty much useless, it made about a 10% improvement to wheelhop mitigation. Axles and Revshift Red cradle bushings will be your best solution for wheelhop.

GSRswapandslow
09-16-13, 03:38 PM
i'm just wondering if they'd be worth pulling off and selling or replacing the bushings and leaving the rest

barrok69
09-17-13, 09:33 AM
i'm just wondering if they'd be worth pulling off and selling or replacing the bushings and leaving the rest

You are going to need some stock "washers" to be able to use the revshift bushings. The BMR kit replaces the the big round retaining washers at the bottom of the cradle bushings with those cupped metal pieces. You could still replace the bushings, but you would have to flip the bmr parts upside down and use them as the washer.

To anybody that knows anything about these cars the BMR wheelhop kit is pretty much useless. I'm not sure you'd get much money for it.

GSRswapandslow
09-17-13, 11:30 AM
well, i'm going to dig in and investigate some more....I'm kind of wondering if it's been installed correctly after seeing a few pictures online. I might just rip it all out and go with new bushings and leave it off