: Not again... <sigh>

DaveSmed
04-07-05, 02:35 PM
Fitting in with my luck the past couple weeks, Something happened to the Caddy AGAIN. After the fire, and the exploding muffler (well, that one was kinda funny) it figures that someone would pull out in front of me. Luckily there insured and at fault, so its just a matter of sorting through insurance stuff and finding a body shop. This time I had my camera, so I have pics of both cars.

http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0746.jpg
http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0722.jpg

http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0726.jpg
http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0727.jpg
http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0728.jpg
http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0729.jpg
http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0730.jpg

I still can't figure out how I messed up BOTH quarter panels on thier car. Damage on mine seems to be the hood, bumper, and grille. Possibly the headlight trim too, gotta look into that. Oh well, like last time, it will be fixed in time.

slk230mb
04-07-05, 02:41 PM
Haha, you really beat the sh*t out of that Grand Am. Sorry about the damage to your Caddy. As long as you and the other driver are fine cars can be fixed.

Exploding muffler? Please explain.

Katshot
04-07-05, 02:41 PM
Damn Dave! What the hell?! Were you hurt at all? As for the damage on BOTH sides of the Pontiac, that's what happens when more than 2-TONS of solid old Detroit iron hits a modern unibody car. Hell, if you look carefully, you might find damage on the roof or even further forward.
On a personal note: how's the new job?

Playdrv4me
04-07-05, 02:59 PM
Heh... GRAND AM PWNED!

Stoneage_Caddy
04-07-05, 03:03 PM
LOL he slayed that Grand slAM

Sorry to hear your Caddy went thru another plastimobile like butter again dude ....youve had some really rotten luck between this and your S truck ....BTW ever get those solenoids sorted ...cuz i still aint found my 4l60e stuff (huge attic)

DaveSmed
04-07-05, 03:20 PM
Nah, wasn't hurt, and neither was the other driver. As far as the new job, I have some scheduling things to work out here and there, but its coming along.

Exploding muffler... I think thats how my car convinced me it was time for a new exhaust. I think it loaded up trying to get it running after repairing the wiring from the fire, and well, the pic explains it best.

http://dmoore4298.home.comcast.net/dscn0716.jpg

And on the S10, my repair efforts thus far have been limited to calling the transmission bad names. Been busy with the caddy lately, so that got bumped down the list. Anyway, thanks for your concern all, it will be back, that is certain.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-07-05, 03:32 PM
Good to hear dude ...

as for the muffler , i had that happen to me on a dodge 360 as i was screwing with the ignition timing .....Muffler blew itself out just like yours ... i must have spent 45 minutes laughing at it ...for some reason it strikes me as funny ...dont know why ....hell im chuckleing at that muffer .....prolly no one else in the world finds a muffler blown isnide out as funny as i find it ...

DaveSmed
04-07-05, 03:36 PM
Good to know i'm not the only weirdo. I want to get it mounted on an old mantle piece, hang it up in the shop.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-07-05, 03:55 PM
By the way dave , every time i see that car of your i think of the lyrics to a old sugar ray song :

"Mean Machine" - Sugar Ray

The only good thing that's creapin' in the city
Elvis had a 55, this one's mine
Japanese car, man it's such a pity
AM radio suits me fine

Mean Machine
Mean Machine
My daddy said "Son, you don't drive when you're drinkin'"
Mean Machine
Mean Machine
Brakes good, tires fair
Burn it!

Every now and then I drive just to get away
I'm eatin' up 2 lanes, I gotta find Sugar Ray
Can't stop now, gimme all your money
Sometimes I drive slow, sometimes I drive quick

Mean Machine
Mean Machine
Mean Machine
Mean Machine

Power it up
Power it up

Don't you dare mess with my mean machine
It's long and slick and olive green
A '68 Coupe is all I need
So don't you dare mess with my mean machine

Jesus saves, no he shoots and scores
I'm with stupid, caught my finger in the door
I'm looking for love like Revenge of the Nerds
Butt my ass, now ya' play on words...

Mean Machine
Mean Machine
Mean Machine
Mean Machine

A '68 Coupe is all I need
So don't you dare mess with my mean machine
Don't f*** with it

if yours was a coupe the song would be dead on

DaveSmed
04-07-05, 04:04 PM
By the way dave , every time i see that car of your i think of the lyrics to a old sugar ray song :

if yours was a coupe the song would be dead on

Kickass, I think it has a new nickname.... :cool:

fleetwood76
04-07-05, 04:36 PM
Hello Davesmed.
I'm sorry to read about your bad luck.
When i see your photos must i ask you a question.
What on that dinky toy could cause that big dent on the front of the caddyhood?
I think that blown muffler would be a great mantel piece.
jolle

Ralph
04-07-05, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear it bud.

slk230mb
04-07-05, 05:42 PM
Wow, a blown out muffler is hilarious to see. What fire and how recent. I feel like I have been sleeping on the forums, I hope not in the last year, cause then I'd really feel weird.

HotRodSaint
04-07-05, 06:06 PM
Luckily there insured and at fault...

It's a good thing, cause it's going to take a whole new paint job in order to match that hood. ;)

I saw a clean black '67 CDV today and then I thought, I want a black '68 convertable with a red interior and maybe a white top.

But your's is cool too! So get some new paint out of it. :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
04-07-05, 07:16 PM
LOL! Daaaaaamn! Don't you love driving a tank? You showed that guy who's boss. Glad this is getting straightened out at no cost to you.

davesdeville
04-07-05, 08:36 PM
Well the damage doesn't look too bad. The dent is obvious but the grille is barely noticable and if there's something wrong with the bumper I can't see it.

That Grand Am really got its ass handed to it by your car. I guess that's what 4700 pounds does though.

RBraczyk
04-07-05, 08:50 PM
It's a good thing, cause it's going to take a whole new paint job in order to match that hood. ;)

I saw a clean black '67 CDV today and then I thought, I want a black '68 convertable with a red interior and maybe a white top.

But your's is cool too! So get some new paint out of it. :thumbsup:

I want the caddy from Sin City...:)

Jesda
04-07-05, 10:47 PM
LOL, I thought for a moment "Why is this guy complaining. Theres nothing wrong... I dont see a... OH WAIT!"

I had to look twice to see the damage on your car!

DaveSmed
04-07-05, 11:26 PM
Heh yea, definitely sticking with the tank. This car was t-boned in the drivers side doors before, and I swear at first I thought the <whump> was a pothole! Same with my passenger.

Am looking foward to some fresh paint... been meaning to get it repainted, but not panel by panel as people run into it. (I wouldn't even want to think about the roof) But for free, can't complain. Already started looking some stuff up, like that Vee (JUST the Vee) costs $50 for a new one. :bonkers:

Oh and the fire.... happened last friday of March. I was majorly lucky with that one. For some weird reason, I decided to take the longer way home, which luckily had a gas station along the way. Well Im waiting to make a left at the light, and I open my glove box. "Odd. The light is all dim. Damn bulb... Where did my dash lights/headlights go??" I make the left, and the car dies. Coast into the gas station to see what charging system ailment overcame my car, and as I reach down to unlatch the hood, I notice the ground under the engine is glowing orange. Ran like hell and grabbed the extinguisher off the pump, put it out, and realized if I went the other way, I would have been nowhere near an extinguisher, AKA marshmellow time. The car now has its OWN extinguisher. Turns out the exhaust hanger I broke earlier that night let the pipe shift into the main harness going to the starter (the main battery junction for these style cars) I redid it in my driveway in the rain, rerouting it AWAY from the exhaust (yay caddy) and now shes back to normal.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-07-05, 11:34 PM
damn im buying a extinguisher tomorrow for mine ...i cant affor no fire on my hotrod...

tomorrows gonna be fun , repalce struts and shocks on the deville and redo my bypass ...all that rewireing is gonna make me nervous ..i beatter get that extinguisher

DaveSmed
04-08-05, 12:04 AM
Sounds like your in for a great day. You got a decent strut compressor? or those cheapies they hand you when you rent one from pep boys?

I coulda kicked by own butt after realizing what it was. Not a week before, I was under there for some reason, looked over and thought "damn, thats really close. ah well, its been fine there for 37 years, why mess with it." I think i'll go with instinct from now on.

powerglide
04-08-05, 12:07 AM
Amazing!!

Sorry to hear about the string of bad luck though...

Stoneage_Caddy
04-08-05, 12:25 AM
Sounds like your in for a great day. You got a decent strut compressor? or those cheapies they hand you when you rent one from pep boys?

I coulda kicked by own butt after realizing what it was. Not a week before, I was under there for some reason, looked over and thought "damn, thats really close. ah well, its been fine there for 37 years, why mess with it." I think i'll go with instinct from now on.
No strut compressor yet , gonna grab one tomorrow ...always open to sugestions ....outside vistiting the snap on truck....last time i spun up a triple didgt bill in under 30 seconds

I tell ya dude , that instict stuff is bad .....pretty much if i slam the hood and look at the car and have that feeling in my stomcah (thats not hunger or gas) and if i think to myself "damn i dont like how that ____ went in there" 99% of the time my feeling is right and i need a tums and to go back in there and fix the problem ...cuz the one thing i had a bad vibe about always got me stranded or a "return" ...and now that your doing this for a living you know how bad a return is ....

Elvis
04-08-05, 01:11 PM
If I had been in the Caddy, I would've jumped out, counted 10 and proclaimed it a knockout.

I'll bet you didn't even feel it, did you?

DaveSmed
04-08-05, 08:40 PM
Nope. Not either time. :cool:

With the strut compressers, the wall mount ones are by far the best, but there pretty pricy for a one time deal.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-08-05, 09:01 PM
LOL ...wallmount was a bit out of my price range ...shes alld one now ...

cept that pesky "Service Suspension System" message .....the relay trick doesnt work for me ....Im gonna friggin go ape shizz here ...

Im to the point i got one dude i asked about this and depending on what he says ...i might take boston's advce and send this damned thing to cadillac ...while its on the lift they can align this godforsaken electronic nightmare ....

DaveSmed
04-08-05, 09:25 PM
Yea, same here. If i cant sneak them into my shop, or one where my friends work, I get four of those compressor thingies. Snap on has a cool one, but like you said, It probably costs more than all 4 struts did.

kmhebert
04-09-05, 01:21 AM

I'm going to see that on Sunday, what Cadillac is in it?

RocketFast321
04-09-05, 07:01 PM
poor grand am :( At lease you can buff out the damage on your Cadillac :)

kmhebert
04-10-05, 11:40 PM

I checked it out today, looked like a 1959 Eldorado Biarritz convertible? I loved it, and yeah, I'd like one too. The coolest car ever made. http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif