: State by State Octane listings?

BliTzer
04-07-05, 03:07 AM
Hey guys, anyone know where to find this info?

Specifically Arizona.. But im looking for each states highest to lowest Octane rating allowed. If anyone has this info i would be much grateful.

Thanx!
bliTzer ;)

Unsafe At Any Speed
04-07-05, 03:25 AM
Allowed? I don't know, but all they sell around here is between 85.5 and 91. Montana.

BliTzer
04-07-05, 07:59 PM
Hmm,

Its weird when you get passed the West Mississippi Valley. When i lived in Florida 93 or higher you could get as their premium, but south florida, around Paml Dale beach area, they used to have some Sunoco stations that sold there 100 octane..
here in AZ, Ive only found 92 octane thus far. I relly need a good mix due to maggie, it runs on on 91, but when i fill it up, esp last road trip with much higher octane, and ran GREAATT!..

Im thinking on getting some higher shipped in, i found a site called www.racingfuels.com (http://www.racingfuels.com/) and http://www.hiperfuels.com that ships 5 gallon containers of 100 to 104 unleaded, and just use it every now and then, monthly ect ect..

laters..
Blitzer

blown65
04-07-05, 09:05 PM
Ya, I can get some high octane unleaded also, but its 4.95 a gallon. :)

slow35th
04-07-05, 11:27 PM
For the most part higher elevation states and provinces will have 91 octane for premium and 93 octane for lower elevations. There are always exceptions. While in British Columbia it was possible to get 94 octane Super Premium at Chevron Stations they also had 93 premium yet on the otherside of the Rockies in Alberta 91 octane was the norm for premium as is the case for most Mountain States in the US. Texas, Louisiana and the rest of the Gulf coast states 93 octane is the norm for premium.

Z06CTSV
04-08-05, 12:06 AM
Louisiana, the best around here is 93. As far as elevation, can't get much lower. :)

Rickerbucks
04-08-05, 12:13 AM
87 for the low. 94 at good 'ole chevron.

AND sitting on the Pacific North West at sea level.

Don't get better then that.

In fact I hear Mission Park Raceway is considered a favorite by the big league, hardcore drag racers.

Florian
04-08-05, 12:42 AM
Any airport will sell you 110LL (low lead) add it to your standard 90+ octane and all will be well. Just dont pull up in your car...bring a 5 gallon container.

Florian

Silver1
04-08-05, 01:57 AM
I believe that 110 low lead aviation fuel will still poison your cats. It could prove to be an expensive octane booster.

BTW, in Idaho the Octane ratings range from 85 to 91. :crying:

Nickcruffin
04-09-05, 12:06 AM
The higher the Altitude the less need for high octane, why? because the octane rating is actualy a rating of how hard it is to fire up the fuel. If you have less air pressure or less dense air at the higher altitude there is less need to rase the octane. So dont worry about the octane the gasoline companies dont want to sell what wont work.

DILLIGAF
04-09-05, 12:30 AM
Kansas,best around 91 octane at QTs ,all gas around here 10% ethanol, nothing a bottle of 104 booster won't solve.Fill ups 50 bucks total.

BliTzer
04-10-05, 06:03 AM
Hmm,

Well, im not worried about the octane. I think this got a little off track. I was doing something else and while doing that, i could benefit from having a few cans of higher octane fuel from it. There is a few places btw, out here in the flat desert, where the altitude is very low.. Do some research on Death Valley and surrounding areas for examples, you might be suprised.

Anyway, i guess no one knows where or who on the internet might have that list... bummer.

later..
BliTzer...