: The 1959 Superior Sunset Coach got here!

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 09:52 PM
Its a "Crown Royale Limousine" 1:18 scale ...man is it pretty ...Id like to know more about superior and there parent "accu built"....
Took me awhile to get pics up it had finger prints on it so i had to break out the Zymol and clean it up ...but she clanes up very nice :
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/500/959DSC01363-med.JPG
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/500/959DSC01358-med.JPG :cool:
Maybe my calling is to work for these builders , perhaps desgin these works of art ....that would be a neat line of work , building/designing "professional cars"

DopeStar 156
04-05-05, 09:58 PM
Wow dude you have a nice house. Or at least really nice furnature and a fireplace.

Adam
04-05-05, 10:02 PM
nice! too bad i dont collect 1:18 or i would buy those (off someone else, i doubt you d get rid of them).

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 10:05 PM
dude its my parents house ....theve done ok concidering we lived in a trailer and shit when i was born and crappy houses till 96....dad never got a college degree and had to work his ass off so he could have this place ....we got this place cheap as they were just starting to build here when we moved here , it was like country so we got this for what you in NJ would pay for a old crusty house (like 85k)

myself ...i barely have a pot to pee in ....but i do my best ....one day ill be able to afford a apt ...school is kicking my arse finnacially , im paying for all of it on my own ...they saved up for me to go but i wanted them to spend that on my brother going to college so i joined the airforce and got my own college money ...

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 10:07 PM
btw that table costed us 20 bucks as big lots , same price for those fireplace tools ...they do look good in pics , i never realized that ...LOL

Ralph
04-05-05, 11:41 PM
Damn, nice collection!! I have to find a white diamond DTS like that for Dad! Nice Crimson XLR too!

That '59 looks HUGE.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 11:44 PM
not done yet ...the CTS-V Racecar is on backorder ...when it shows up i go to phase 4 ...baoth Escalades a CTS-V a Front drive STS the 1973 Indy Pacecar ...then ill wait for them to roll out models of the SRX and rear drive STS

then ill build a shelf for them to sit on under the "cadillac service" sign ..the shrine will be done ...

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 11:45 PM
BTW the 59 dwarfs my 2000 DTS the DTS is like 3 inches shorter but they are the same scale ....

you outta see what my other 1:18 cars look like next to it ....my RS200 almost is half the size of it

Ralph
04-05-05, 11:48 PM
BTW the 59 dwarfs my 2000 DTS the DTS is like 3 inches shorter but they are the same scale ....

you outta see what my other 1:18 cars look like next to it ....my RS200 almost is half the size of it

well, the first pic you posted, up close makes it look like you parked a REAL '59 in your living room!! :)

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 11:52 PM
well, the first pic you posted, up close makes it look like you parked a REAL '59 in your living room!! :)
LOL that pic came out neat , im playing with a new (to me) function on it ("SCN") that like makes pictures look good that are taken in low light ...im not real smart had this for 3 years and never could make it work till tonight ...

for some reason it didnt flash and still produced a good pic

Ralph
04-05-05, 11:55 PM
LOL that pic came out neat , im playing with a new (to me) function on it ("SCN") that like makes pictures look good that are taken in low light ...im not real smart had this for 3 years and never could make it work till tonight ...

for some reason it didnt flash and still produced a good pic

Ya, digital cameras are good because they make the most of any lighting situation, unlike film where it would be underexposed in most situations. Good detail on that '59. I wouldn't mind seeing the underside and engine if you're just playin' with the camera.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 11:57 PM
worst part about it ...hood doesnt open and the underside is crude at best ....front doors and rear door open ...so does the casket ....and its got a nice pillow ....id rather have a closed casket and a opening hood ....but oh well

matching flower car goes on sale soon

Kennedys contential is also out there ...when i get my own pad ill start that collection (presidential cars)

Ralph
04-06-05, 12:02 AM
Kennedys contential is also out there ...when i get my own pad ill start that collection (presidential cars)

Hopefully NOT Ted's! :suspense: Body in trunk? OK, bad joke. :(

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 12:07 AM
LOL !!
Nope JFK's 61 they have 2 versions the configuation he was shot in and the retrofitted one after the assaination ...in real life they are the same car , so the open version doesnt exist , they (fomoco) took the car he died in and refitted it to be a fortress on wheels ...I think the car was leased by the Govt for the sum of one dollar ...

Ralph
04-06-05, 12:13 AM
LOL !!
Nope JFK's 61 they have 2 versions the configuation he was shot in and the retrofitted one after the assaination ...in real life they are the same car , so the open version doesnt exist , they (fomoco) took the car he died in and refitted it to be a fortress on wheels ...I think the car was leased by the Govt for the sum of one dollar ...

I thought the one he was shot in was put in a museum or something? You would think for forensic/ballistic evidence because of the unsolved case they would have left it alone..

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 12:17 AM
yup she now sits int he henery ford mueseum ...i have pics i took of it somewhere ...they were taken long before "digital cameras"...when i tookt he pics i really didnt know the importance of the car ....i just thought it was beatiful , dad later explained what the deal was with it

DopeStar 156
04-06-05, 12:22 AM
I am so getting one of those hearses. Awesome Stoney.

Elvis
04-06-05, 10:35 AM
That table is awesome. So is the hearse.

slk230mb
04-06-05, 11:06 AM
I need one of them. Now how do I justify the cost...hmmmm

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 11:14 AM
That table is awesome. So is the hearse.
yah that table is the cats ass , it was 20 bucks becuse its clock mech was broke ....so i figured out why it wouldnt work and fixed it (one of the tiny axels was bent in the geartrain)

clocks are a ton of fun to work on ...till you get crosseyed

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 11:23 AM
I need one of them. Now how do I justify the cost...hmmmm
justify the cost ? what are you married ?

if your not then you dont have to justify a damned thing ....cept the credit card bill (man this and the struts is gonna hurt bad) :banghead:

Nicest thing about quitting dateing (damn chickenheads) drinking (damn Liver) and smoking (damn "truth" commercials).....i freed up some cash.....

slk230mb
04-06-05, 11:25 AM
justify the cost ? what are you married ?

if your not then you dont have to justify a damned thing ....cept the credit card bill (man this and the struts is gonna hurt bad) :banghead:

Nicest thing about quitting dateing (damn chickenheads) drinking (damn Liver) and smoking (damn "truth" commercials).....i freed up some cash.....

But I'm in college, I only work during the summer, my truck drinks gas, and I have a bad habit of spending money pointlessly on my computer.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 11:36 AM
But I'm in college, I only work during the summer, my truck drinks gas, and I have a bad habit of spending money pointlessly on my computer.
oh the excess goes into the computer ....ive been typeing on the same peice of crap since y2k...acutally its pretty good it still runs ....good ol dell

But ive been wanting a new one for awhile ....that has a kickass grafics card and all that videogame/media freindly stuff in it so i can play my MP3s and play "command and conquer generals" ...you know satisfy the need to kill people and break there stuff while listening to metallica...or at leats i hope thats what the game is ...wont run becuase of some "grafics card to slow" error

slk230mb
04-06-05, 11:40 AM
oh the excess goes into the computer ....ive been typeing on the same peice of crap since y2k...acutally its pretty good it still runs ....good ol dell

But ive been wanting a new one for awhile ....that has a kickass grafics card and all that videogame/media freindly stuff in it so i can play my MP3s and play "command and conquer generals" ...you know satisfy the need to kill people and break there stuff while listening to metallica...or at leats i hope thats what the game is ...wont run becuase of some "grafics card to slow" error

I shudder when I think of what I have spent on this computer. And for no apparent reason honestly. Generals is an awesome game, as is the Zero Hour expansion, and I usually don't like RTS games.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 11:44 AM
so it is like "warcraft"?

buddy of mine had that warcraft , i loved it ....i led full scale attacks on enimy camps and everything ....really gets my "armchair general" thing going .....

He also built a computer one night while i was over there ...we were boath drunk off our arses but the computer started up and ran ...so i guess there pretty easy to put togther ...so im thinking "hey if i can rebuild a engine and he could put a cpu together drunk " .....maybe i can build one .....then again prolly wont be as reliable as a dell

slk230mb
04-06-05, 11:48 AM
so it is like "warcraft"?

buddy of mine had that warcraft , i loved it ....i led full scale attacks on enimy camps and everything ....really gets my "armchair general" thing going .....

He also built a computer one night while i was over there ...we were boath drunk off our arses but the computer started up and ran ...so i guess there pretty easy to put togther ...so im thinking "hey if i can rebuild a engine and he could put a cpu together drunk " .....maybe i can build one .....then again prolly wont be as reliable as a dell

It's like the previous releases on Warcraft, not World Of Warcraft. There really isn't much to putting together a custom computer, just know that heat is your enemy. And you want to pick parts that work well together. As for reliability, I haven't had one single problem with my computer and it's pushing two years old. I will never buy a manufactured comptuer again.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 11:55 AM
It's like the previous releases on Warcraft, not World Of Warcraft. There really isn't much to putting together a custom computer, just know that heat is your enemy. And you want to pick parts that work well together. As for reliability, I haven't had one single problem with my computer and it's pushing two years old. I will never buy a manufactured comptuer again.
so i get to use those kickass fans i have seen ...dads a computer network dude for verizon , he brought home this fan for some server thingy that could damn near be used to cool a tranny cooler .....

I want mine to sound like a Turbo when im useing it hard .... :lildevil:

Elvis
04-06-05, 09:35 PM
Here's a stupid question.

Why does a house in Florida need a fireplace?

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 09:46 PM
Here's a stupid question.

Why does a house in Florida need a fireplace?
Just in case hell freezes over (its acutally a small town 300 miles away)

DopeStar 156
04-06-05, 10:17 PM
Atmosphere!

Playdrv4me
04-06-05, 10:43 PM
:holycrap: Must...have...table...

That hearse is nice dude.

DopeStar 156
04-07-05, 10:48 AM
I like that table too! It's pretty cool lookin and the hearse blends withit perfectly. I'm gonna have to get one of those damn things. As soon as I get some money. My vinyl top is setting me back $425.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-07-05, 12:49 PM
Mom hated the idea of the herse on the table ....you have to admit that sends a loud message ......"clocks tickin" .....

"Get Busy Livin or get busy diein " Shawshank Redemtion

slk230mb
04-07-05, 02:25 PM
Mom hated the idea of the herse on the table ....you have to admit that sends a loud message ......"clocks tickin" .....

"Get Busy Livin or get busy diein " Shawshank Redemtion

Great quote, even better movie.

Elvis
04-08-05, 01:14 PM
I'm waiting for an answer to my question.

How many times have you used the fireplace? How cold was it? How cold can it possibly get in Tampa?

I ask this because I've built two houses (actually one house and a massive addition). The fireplaces set me back a minimum of $1500 each.

I NEVER would have done it if I didn't have to. The market today demands fireplaces.

The house I grew up in didn't have fireplaces. I don't get it.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-08-05, 01:44 PM
The market today demands fireplaces.

thats why its there ....we ran it this winter about 12 times ....it did get down to 26 degrees at one time down here .....works well , we run it and shut off the heat in the house ....i forget how much it was when dad had this place built , wasnt bad ....

alot of people that live down here are front he north , so they want the fireplace when they buy a house , they never realize they dont need it ....thus the market for a house with a fireplace is much beatter ....

1toycad
04-08-05, 01:48 PM
yah that table is the cats ass , it was 20 bucks becuse its clock mech was broke ....so i figured out why it wouldnt work and fixed it (one of the tiny axels was bent in the geartrain)

clocks are a ton of fun to work on ...till you get crosseyed

I like working on old clocks too....

Elvis
04-08-05, 02:22 PM
26 in Tampa? Damn! I'd have to go farther south!

Stoneage_Caddy
04-08-05, 03:22 PM
YUP we had to cover the orange trees a few times to keep them from getting frosty and killing the ornages