: Bose subwoofer

agood1
04-05-05, 10:42 PM
My Bose system does not seem to have much bass....Since I am new to this car and the sound system...I am assuming that the big grill in the center of the back shelf is a subwoofer. If it is then mine must not be working....cause there is not any sound from it....how does it work?

Is there a seperate amp for this sub? If so where is it and how is it wired...is there a seperate fuse for it?

Thanks

weister42
04-14-05, 04:09 AM
I would say the reason why you're not getting enough bass is because of the Bose system itself - aftermarket audio systems can put those kids toy to shame. Not saying I'm bashing Bose, but spending the extra few grand to get that factory premium system is just not worth it. I've installed many car audio systems and I must say no factory system can compare to good sets of component speakers and a real subwoofer setup(no tiny 6 1/2" wannabes)....GM just make Cadillacs hard to upgrade so most people are stuck with their radio. My last car(94 VW Golf) had a Clarion headunit, a MTX 4 channel amp, JBL front and rear speakers and 2 12" Premier TS-W2000SPL subs hooked up to a 1000watt Crossfire amp. Needless to say it was clean and gets so loud you can hear me 1/4 mile away:rolleyes:

However check the electrical connection behind the reardeck and see if anything is not hooked up - maybe the last owner disconnected it for some reason. Then check your amp fuse and see if its blown.

Fritzi
04-14-05, 04:21 AM
:yeah: he is exactly right. There may be a problem with your connection, but it may just be a weak factory Bose Subwoofer. Check it and let us know.

turbojimmy
04-14-05, 06:23 AM
Even though it sucks compared to aftermarket modifications, there's still a big difference between the stock Bose sub working and not working. I don't know about the Seville, but the Deville has a hole cut in the trunk trim so you can see the underside of the sub. You should be able to see it working.

I got mine from GMPARTSDIRECT for like $80-something.

Jim

D148L0
04-14-05, 12:28 PM
Even though it sucks compared to aftermarket modifications, there's still a big difference between the stock Bose sub working and not working. I don't know about the Seville, but the Deville has a hole cut in the trunk trim so you can see the underside of the sub. You should be able to see it working.

Jim
:yeah:

agood1
04-14-05, 12:33 PM
I checked and mine is working...just not very loud....you have to turn up the whole system before you hear much from the sub....it does not sound blown though...just like the amp is weak or the inputs to the amp are turned down....are they any adjustment on the amp? IF not...what about putting another amp after the factory amp and just boosting the power a little before it get to the sub......could use a small amp with speaker level inputs.

Thanks

agood1
04-14-05, 12:36 PM
However check the electrical connection behind the reardeck and see if anything is not hooked up - maybe the last owner disconnected it for some reason. Then check your amp fuse and see if its blown.

Where is the Sub Amp fuse?

JPL189
04-14-05, 07:21 PM
Agood
I believe your subwoofer is working "normally". I have an 02 STS and had similar concerns that mine wasn't working. I checked it and had the same observations - it works, however is only audible when the volume is turned up. I was even more concerned when I noticed both my rear door speakers lack the full range of sound that the front door speakers have. They are clear, but just don't have the full range of bass and treble. Again, I checked with my dealer and he advised everything is working properly. While the aftermarket systems mentioned in this string sound impressive (as well as expensive), the Bose system should sound at least as good as systems in cars from Lexus, Infinity and Acura. Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case.