: Cleaning product for rims

89 D'elegance
04-05-05, 07:51 PM
Finally getting my '89 D'elegance on the road after seeing the garage for 8 months, its really like a new car to me, cant wait just has so much style. Anyway what the best product to get those wire rims to shine !!

malcolm
04-05-05, 07:56 PM
I had spokes on my 89 Eldo and used many commercially available wheel cleaners but nothing beat an old tooth brush, brillo and a couple hours of detailing.

caddycruiser
04-05-05, 08:02 PM
I'd say some kind of a soft brush and a good car wash soap first--then move to a good wheel cleaner if that doesn't work as well as you'd like. Gotta watch though, because most of the wheel cleaners you'll find in most department stores are garbage: either too much water and not enough cleaner, or way too caustic and easy to damage the wheel finish with.

I use Amazing Roll Off to clean the tires on our cars, and it also does a good job of making the grime "roll off" and out of the wheels. Of course, I have to order it from the web, but it's the only stuff I've used that actually works and doesn't damage the wheel finish when used properly.

AElayyat
04-06-05, 01:32 AM
I have had great results with Eagle 1 wire wheel/chrome wheel cleaner. Just spray the eagle 1 on the wheels and work at it with a soft brush, and hose away. I have been using this stuff on my Fleetwood Brougham for about 4 years now with nothing bad to say about it (hell, I even use it on my dad's Eldorado's chrome wheels with great results).

FASSTWOOD
04-06-05, 01:55 AM
I use to use a product called "nev-r-dull "on my wire wheels bumpers, and chrome trim it worked great. its like a wad and you would tear off a peice clean the wheel then polish it with a dry cloth they came out great everytime. I would buy the stuff at my local haedware store it comes in a blue tin can...