: Engine seems to misfire a bit when it's cold or damp out

weister42
04-05-05, 04:13 AM
After I changed my plugs/wires I noticed that the engine tends to "sneeze" when it's damp out, like I can feel a minor jerk and my engine rpm goes down a little bit(25 to 50 rpm), I think this is a electrical connection problem since it doesn't do this when it's warm out, so what could cause this? My wires came with those silicone looking stuff to prime on the plugs but I didn't use it.

powerglide
04-05-05, 06:27 AM
Does it happen only at idle or even at speed?

EcSTSatic
04-05-05, 08:22 AM
After I changed my plugs/wires I noticed that the engine tends to "sneeze" when it's damp out, like I can feel a minor jerk and my engine rpm goes down a little bit(25 to 50 rpm), I think this is a electrical connection problem since it doesn't do this when it's warm out, so what could cause this? My wires came with those silicone looking stuff to prime on the plugs but I didn't use it.

You should apply the grease. It keeps the boots from welding to the plugs so you don't ruin them next time you pull them off.
Dampness usually encourages "leaking" wires to do their thing. If you look under the hood at night on a damp night, bad wires can be seen arcing to metal or on another. Some guys mix saltwater and mist their wires if they suspect this condition.
If this problem began right after you replaced the wires, check them out to be sure they are not defective.