: Radiator fans not working. 95 SLS

gilbertjo
09-08-13, 06:34 PM
So I let my car run for ten min and engine fans not coming on! Engine seems to be really hot but the n* get pretty hot but prob changing out the fans soon. The cluster module it's burnt out so I cant see any messages.

Submariner409
09-08-13, 06:48 PM
Wrong forum this is not "other engines". Moved to Seville. Your thermostat is set to begin at 188 and is fully open at 206 - pretty warm. With no A/C compressor function set the fans go to SLOW at 224. If you set the A/C to ON then fans should run in SLOW all the time.

10 minutes is nowhere near enough time - even at idle sitting still - for the coolant to warm to 200 from an ambient temp startup.

Just above this thread there are 3 sticky threads about temp gauges, cooling fans, and cooling systems. Study them before you go throwing parts at it.

Ranger
09-08-13, 09:41 PM
So I let my car run for ten min and engine fans not coming on! Engine seems to be really hot but the n* get pretty hot
Normal operating temperature is about 205-215.

gilbertjo
09-09-13, 12:02 AM
Figured it out put vinegar on fuses and it seems to come on slow for a couple min then starts to run pretty fast.

Submariner409
09-09-13, 09:43 AM
Did you read the sticky posts on how your cooling fans are supposed to operate - and why ?

If the fuse blades were corroded, you might as well learn where the 3 fan control relays are and clean them, too.

EDIT: According to another post by this OP, his car has a ? distributor cap ? - A 1995 SLS 4.9 ? - but Post #1 refers to a "n*".
Moved to Seville pending confirmation.

gilbertjo, As previously requested, please update your profile to show your car, year, engine.

Ranger
09-09-13, 03:34 PM
All '95 Sevilles had Northstars.