: This is freaky, Anyone?

tatvamasi
04-04-05, 10:47 AM
I had my coolant flushed around few months back. May be in January. Now that it started getting warmer, this car is having trouble with oil temprature. Here is how it works. If I drive car at higher speed no problems. If I drive it 30 to 40 miles an hour for more than 10 to 15 minutes and stop at red light, temprature gauge hits red line and temprature light comes on. as soon as I start driving again temprature starts going down and hits middle bar on the gauge as usual. Any one has any idea whats going on here?

stevehogan
04-04-05, 11:29 AM
It sounds like your cooling fans (the one that blowsthrough the radiator) are not working.

tatvamasi
04-04-05, 12:08 PM
It sounds like your cooling fans (the one that blowsthrough the radiator) are not working.
Actually it does, I can see when temprature start going up my fans go crazy. and it periodically comes on while I am driving. BTW I forgot to mention that I was in a snow storm few days back. where my fans were jammed with snow as well as my air intake pipe (that U shape thing in front of fans) was also covered with snow. Would that pipe let any snow go inside of engine? I believe that since an air filter is in between I would have been fine but "I" never know.....

AllenPacla
04-04-05, 02:33 PM
You mentioned that when your temp is going up, your fan goes crazy, it means that your driving when all these is happening. Why don't you run your car while parked and then see actually if the fans are moving at all. The noise that you hear might be something loose in the fan assembly. It might just be noise and the fan might be not turning at all.

tatvamasi
04-04-05, 02:56 PM
You mentioned that when your temp is going up, your fan goes crazy, it means that your driving when all these is happening. Why don't you run your car while parked and then see actually if the fans are moving at all. The noise that you hear might be something loose in the fan assembly. It might just be noise and the fan might be not turning at all.
Fans are on while I am in park gear. infrect runs for minute or two.

omermurat
04-04-05, 09:47 PM
I used to have a milder version of that problem. Checked everything, even put the main fan manually on at all times, changed the temp switches on the radiator. Just nothing worked. Then oil pressure problem started (oil pressure light being on at idle). I ended up adding an auxilary oil cooler to the system and it has cured my oil pressure problem totally and helped the over heating problem tremendously thanks to the heat exchanger in the block.

Should you guys find the source of the problem please let me know, but in the meantime I am fine :)

tatvamasi
04-12-05, 09:59 AM
OK here is what i did, took a 400 grit san paper and polished surge tank filler neck. and used same cap to close it again(actually TSB calls for new cap). Poured in a bottle of Royal purple's purple Ice. Now when car heats up and fan comes on the gauge starts to go up as it was doing before but now it doesn't read in red area and over heat light doesn't come up. fans runs for about two to three minutes and temprature comes back to normal. I will keep watching if it still does it for a while than next task is yank out temprature sensor.