: Automakers definitely keeping a keen eye on Discussion forums...

Playdrv4me
04-04-05, 05:52 AM
Its great to see that as we all have hoped for so long, the manufacturers are actually starting to stand up and take notice of the INvaluable resource they have in the open and uninhibited opinions of users on blogs and discussion forums...

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102079

90Brougham350
04-04-05, 09:27 AM
This is perfect timing, I actually thought about this last night, and I want to know where our beloved Cadillacforums.com ranks as compared to other forums, you know, in size, membership, activity, etc? I have been wondering because it would seem like cheap marketing research for any company with half a brain.

Brian

BeelzeBob
04-04-05, 10:41 AM
Thanks for posting this link.. Great news.. :) As for where we stand, we're still a baby amongst many forums that have been around for years. Though, for the amount of time we've been around, we're amongst the largest out there...

Katshot
04-04-05, 11:24 AM
I remember when I first joined this forum, I felt it was such a great resource for customer feedback, I emailed a couple freinds of mine at Cadillac and sent them a link so they could check it out. Who knows, maybe we've had some impact on decisions at Cadillac. :thumbsup:

Playdrv4me
04-04-05, 01:53 PM
Thanks for posting this link.. Great news.. :) As for where we stand, we're still a baby amongst many forums that have been around for years. Though, for the amount of time we've been around, we're amongst the largest out there...

And im also glad to see more industry insiders joining up like Bbob, msheri and a few others. Its pretty cool, over on the Jeep forum, there is a member whose name is Milous. I am not kidding you he LITERALLY is able to call up and speak with Dieter whenever he needs to, hows THAT for being in! He IS very secretive about his location and affiliation though, but hes been there forever and is usually privy to very lucrative info. He also runs wkjeeps.com and wjjeeps.com.

Stoneage_Caddy
04-04-05, 02:42 PM
If bbob is here , trust me ....others from GM are ...hes let the word out somehow that we are here ...there watching ...and one day they will see me and say "come on up to michigan and run GM for us"

and then i will know there is something indeed wrong with the water here in tampa ...

but really , they know were here ....when they will use us as possibly a "evaluation group" for new desgins who knows ....

Itd be really neat for us to be part of something that GM could use for future Product devlopment , with there own section ....and members they select from our community ...

My offer to Bbob still stands , ill glady drive up there and drive them pre prodtuction cars .....drive them like i stole em

1toycad
04-04-05, 05:02 PM

I belong to a Benz owners forum. I agree with Sal's opinion regarding this forum. Keep up the good work! :worship:

airbalancer
04-04-05, 06:08 PM
What is blogs?

Jesda
04-04-05, 06:13 PM
Web logs, people's personal online journals.

Kev
04-04-05, 06:45 PM
Sounds good. I'm always greatful to see Bbob's posts and am encouraged to think that he might not be the only one from GM reading here but, did it bother anyone else that Ford and Mopar were the only two manufactures noted by name in the article?

ben72227
04-04-05, 06:49 PM
Speaking of blogs, I'm sure everyone has already been to it, but for those who haven't:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

It's Bob Lutz's blog about GM. He seems pretty honest on it too.;)

powerglide
04-05-05, 08:01 AM
I bet GM was watching that thread where we bashed/discussed the new DTS limo for Bush. I certainly felt like I was speaking to them indirectly though my post. In this day and age companies would be foolish to ignore the free market research of forums like this. Lets face it, we are nuts! Up late, posting, researching, opinionating.....never ending focus group. An amazingly devoted bunch of nuts!