: Factory Alarm Sensitivity

Rob_M
04-04-05, 01:44 AM
Does anyone here know how to adjust the sensitivity of the factory alarm here? I would like to turn mine up just a little if possible. I heard the factory alarm is the best when it comes to theft and I'm wondering if I need to install an aftermarket alarm. You can't even tell I have one by looking at it. I think I've only heard it go off only once since I've had it and I don't know what tripped it. Anyone????

Rob_M
04-04-05, 01:09 PM
Any of the pro's know here?? Anyone! :yup:

caddydaddy
04-04-05, 01:30 PM
I believe they are only set off if you open a door. It's not a vibration sensitive alarm.

JSMeloche
04-04-05, 01:37 PM
I do not think the factory alarm is "bump" sensitive... it will go off if a door is opened without the key when the security system is on. Example: Lock the car with windows down, unlock the door from the interior and open the door, alarm will go off.

Rob_M
04-04-05, 03:25 PM
Do you guys like your alarm? Can you program any of the features yourself? Is there a way to warn people not to mess with it so I don't have to get my windows broken? I heard from my friend who is a platinum level tech and a craftsman that the factory alarm is the always the best.

quick3425
04-05-05, 12:16 PM
buy a autopage 855lcd with a proximity sensor. best alarm on the market. i have two. you can set the prox. sen to warn by walking a few inches to a foot near your car. you can leave your windows down and if some one enters the outside force field will give three loud chirps to tell intruders" i am armed" if they cant resist warning and put there hand past the window into the car, this trips the inside force field and alarm goes off. also paging you via remote fm keychain which goes about 1/4 mile.. hope this helps you out..... now i can sleep at night.....:coolgleam

brougham
04-05-05, 05:44 PM
Do you guys like your alarm? Can you program any of the features yourself? Is there a way to warn people not to mess with it so I don't have to get my windows broken? I heard from my friend who is a platinum level tech and a craftsman that the factory alarm is the always the best.

No like they already said the factory alarm only works if someone breaks into the car without using the key to open the door.

Rob_M
04-05-05, 09:33 PM
Yeah, too bad you cant beef it up a little. Add on features and stuff. You cant even add a sensor to this one.

Rob_M
04-07-05, 06:09 PM
So if I was to replace it would you recommend ripping out the factory one or just disarming it?

Rob_M
04-08-05, 03:16 PM
ANYONE?????

:drinker