: Cabin air filter replacement

dwheeler
04-04-05, 02:34 AM
Anyone found a non-dealer source for the cabin air filter? The last one I got was $25.00 and I'm in need of a new one.

stevehogan
04-04-05, 07:19 AM
I paid $16.75 on eBay FWIW

AllenPacla
04-04-05, 08:55 AM
Auto Zone has it for like $15 and you pay for shipping of course. And I just checked Rock Auto also has it in stock for like $19. I suggest that you call the nearest Auto Zone and then ask them, you can order from them if it's necessary. So far, I think they have the cheapest.

AllenPacla
04-04-05, 04:20 PM
And I just found out that there are two kind of filters available, one is just a particulate filter and the other is a charcoal filter which not only filters dust but pollutants as well (so they claim), and this one will cost a lot more than the particulate filter for sure.

AllenPacla
04-04-05, 08:55 PM
By the way, for those who have used the Charcoal filter, is it really worth it to pay for the extra bucks? Specially the one made my Bosch, does it really do what it claims to do concerning eliminitating odor and pollutants from the outside? Because if it does, i am getting one for myself. I just hate driving behind a smoke belching truck that leaves it exhaust smoke for you to breathe in.