: 1998 Catera Brake Light Problem

Gerald Layden
04-02-05, 06:58 PM
I have a 1998 Catera and unlike the other threads my brake lights stay on all the time. At first the brake lights were inoperative. I ordered and replaced the brake light switch. Now the lights stay on all the time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

stevehogan
04-02-05, 09:43 PM
On the switch that you just installed, pull the actuator out. It is designed to "automatically" adjust and my guess is that you pressed the actuator too far into the switch while you were installing it.

CattyOK
04-10-05, 01:53 AM
I've been the owner of a 1998 Catera for about 10 hours now. After leaving the dealer while following the "new purchase" in my other car, I discovered that the brake lights did not work. Running lights - yes, turn signals - yes, but no brakes. Did the switch solve your problem? Roughly how much did the switch cost? Was hoping it was something easy like a fuse!:yup:

STIENMETZCATERA
09-06-05, 06:42 PM
bump. same question as cattyOK i just ran into the same problem

CG36498
09-08-05, 12:42 PM
Did you get your brake light issue resolved?

CattyOK
09-10-05, 12:29 PM
The dealer replaced the switch, and yes, this did solve the brake lite problem. An unrelated problem though, is the "extra" LED brake lite string mounted across the top of the trunk lid. That unit has ceased to work about half-way across. Does anybody know how this unit is repaced, whether or not you can "fix" half of it, and the potential cost?

Other than this, I love by CATTY! Such a nice machine to drive. I do wish the dummys thought of adding cup-holders though!

Vesicant
09-10-05, 07:13 PM
The dealer replaced the switch, and yes, this did solve the brake lite problem. An unrelated problem though, is the "extra" LED brake lite string mounted across the top of the trunk lid. That unit has ceased to work about half-way across. Does anybody know how this unit is repaced, whether or not you can "fix" half of it, and the potential cost?

Other than this, I love by CATTY! Such a nice machine to drive. I do wish the dummys thought of adding cup-holders though!

Check this site out (supporting vendor for Cadillacforums.com). Or talk to him: Logandiagnostic on the site here.

http://www.ledfix.com/pages/1/index.htm