: 1994 fleetwood headlight prob

4saken
04-02-05, 03:54 PM
Well i have had my cadillac for a short time now(1994 fleetwood) and i notice when i first got it the head lights would flicker a bit. But now when i start my car my headlights wont come on just the parking lights. Some times i will wait a few min then they turn on and other times i will hit the high beams then turn them off and the low beams will come on. But now i will be driving and my lights will just turn off all random. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help. The only thing that comes to mind is a bad sensor.

carguy16
04-02-05, 10:37 PM
I also find it odd, around mine when the lights are on, the dash around the "headlights" buttone is warm.

Well i have had my cadillac for a short time now(1994 fleetwood) and i notice when i first got it the head lights would flicker a bit. But now when i start my car my headlights wont come on just the parking lights. Some times i will wait a few min then they turn on and other times i will hit the high beams then turn them off and the low beams will come on. But now i will be driving and my lights will just turn off all random. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help. The only thing that comes to mind is a bad sensor.

caddycruiser
04-03-05, 01:08 AM
I have a "headlight" problem too. For some reason, the pod that the light controls are on WILL NOT stay in the dash! When we first bought it, I wondered why it looked tilted and not flush, so I pulled on it and it fell out. Pushed it back in straight this time, but now you have to remember to grasp the surround before pulling out the light knob--otherwise you'll get a whole lighting box in your hand pretty quickly.

Sometimes you just have to smile and have a laugh at GM build quality :rolleyes: :D

fleetwood76
04-03-05, 08:07 AM
Hello 4saken. I don't now if the modern cars
have the same as the older ones (70:s GM)
but it sounds like you have a bad
overload circuit breaker in the headlight switch.
a bad circuit breaker can display the fault you
describe (flickering lights, lights turns off and on)
this circuit breaker turns off the headlights
when overloaded due to a short,
changed watts on the bulbs etc. if the overload
occurs often the circuit breaker gets less and
less accurat, and by time starts to break the power
when it's not supposed to.
Again i don't now if the modern cars is equipped with
those breakers in the lightswitch, or if they have
ordinary fuses but it can be worth to find out.
Jolle