: iPod w/ bose stereo

Patriot1776
04-02-05, 12:30 AM
Has anyone found an easy way to interface an iPod to a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado with a bose stereo? Thanks.

maydog
04-02-05, 01:07 AM
If you have the CD changer you may be able to splice into the output of the changer to the RIM (radio interface module). I do not know if that plug is present without the changer. Otherwise you may be able to splice into the outputs of the head unit before they go into the RIM.

I have the factory service manuals, so I could get you the wiring information if you wanted it.

Patriot1776
04-02-05, 12:30 PM
Do you know if the tape deck can be disabled instead?

maydog
04-02-05, 04:02 PM
Making an aux input out of the tape deck would probably involve dismantling the head unit and finding the output of the tape head pickup pre-amplifier. This would be much more difficult, but doable I guess.

ElDawgg 2G
04-02-05, 10:26 PM
hello...
maydog- I've been looking for an easy (?) install for XM radio in my 2000 STS.
Do you think it's possible that if I splice into the out signal of the CD changer,
and add input from XM, the system will recognize the signal and play it?
How about if I play a blank disk at the same time,
so the system thinks it's playing the cd changer
(which it is...just a blank disk) so the XM input plays over the blank sound?
...just a thought...

post back what you think

maydog
04-03-05, 01:30 AM
I am not sure how the 2000 stereo is set up. For the 97, the signal coming out of the changer is just a normal analog stereo signal. Assuming the 2000 is similar you should be able to splice into the changer output - there should be no need to have a blank cd to play. Just select the cd player and not actually play a cd.

You may want to use a simple mixer circuit when tying the outputs together. I had posted a simple one in this section earlier.

You will probably need to find a wiring diagram for your stereo system, do yu have the service manuals?