: Rip Pope

juiceE
04-01-05, 01:33 PM
THE 1ST (2ND NON-ITALIAN :hmm: ) AND PROBABLY LAST POLISH POPE

I WONDER WHAT HE'S TAKING WITH HIM SELF TO THE GRAVE

gothicaleigh
04-01-05, 03:56 PM
<covers ears> Okay, no need to yell...

Also, did he even die yet? The report earlier today was false and based on the fact that someone closed the doors in the Vatican early. Sure, he's in bad shape, but let's not bury him until he's dead... :p

Adam
04-01-05, 04:22 PM
it said on the news a couple minutes ago that he wanted the third hour read to him. may he go in peace.

RBraczyk
04-01-05, 04:51 PM
They say he's still alive, but the media is waiting for the Vatican to make a statement.

This will be a sad day when he goes. I am not catholic, but I will mourn his death, he is Polish, and so am I.

Ralph
04-01-05, 04:57 PM
The Italian Press claimed that the ECG was flatlined but I don't know if they confirmed it yet.

Adam
04-01-05, 05:01 PM
The Italian Press claimed that the ECG was flatlined but I don't know if they confirmed it yet.

yeah someone told me a minute ago he coded (i guess that is what you meant by flatlined) but i dont know if it is true. watch him jump up in bed a go "APRIL FOOL'S!!" oh that was bad.

tru504187211
04-01-05, 07:50 PM
I'm not Catholic, but Lutheran, but either way, may the Lord take him peacefully -- quite the peace maker -- truely a gift to the world.

majax
04-01-05, 09:59 PM
Whose gonna be the next pope? This could be really good or really bad:disappoin

DopeStar 156
04-01-05, 10:02 PM
Whose gonna be the next pope? This could be really good or really bad:disappoin
:lildevil::lildevil::lildevil:ME!:lildevil::lildev il::lildevil:

Adam
04-01-05, 10:27 PM
:lildevil::lildevil::lildevil:ME!:lildevil::lildev il::lildevil:

ha, Lord help us. :D

majax
04-01-05, 10:32 PM
I doubt they will pick an American Cadillac driver :histeric:

ben72227
04-01-05, 10:45 PM
Most bets are that the next pope will be either Italian or from Latin America. I wouldn't mind a Spanish guy as pope really, since Yo puedo hablar espanol :p

majax
04-01-05, 11:37 PM
Most bets are that the next pope will be either Italian or from Latin America. I wouldn't mind a Spanish guy as pope really, since Yo puedo hablar espanol :p

Tu hablas mucho espanol? He estudiado espanol para dos anos.

Yo quiero el Pope vivir.

Playdrv4me
04-02-05, 12:36 AM
Pues como no, you creo que todos queremos que viva el Pope, pero se me hace que esta NO es una burla de el April Fools verdad? Es mas, el siguiente Pope voy a hacer yo.

:p

davesdeville
04-02-05, 03:46 AM
2 of my friends started a pool of when he's going to die. I'd put my $1 in for Sunday.

Jesda
04-02-05, 06:42 AM
Not a Catholic, dont care for his view of the world, but I hope he goes peacefully and painlessly.

Albertomac
04-02-05, 02:11 PM
I hope he dont suffer, he is a great man,what a great loss to the world... I wonder how he will be received in the heaven, maybe with millons of angels chanting his name and playing trumpets...

:crying2: :crying:

Playdrv4me
04-02-05, 07:39 PM
Well he officially passed as of 937PM Rome time, 337PM EST. I am also not Catholic, but agree, may he Rest in Peace.

RBraczyk
04-02-05, 08:37 PM
I was hoping the candidate from Nigeria would win. Would humble a lot of republicans over here.

Elvis
04-02-05, 09:40 PM
As Popes go, he was a great one. As men go, he was a good one. That's more important.

PS: RB, that's not how it works. The most liberal Pope they could pick would still be pro-life, anti-death penalty, and anti gay marriage. The more third-world they go, the farther to the right they will be.

Ralph
04-02-05, 09:43 PM
As Popes go, he was a great one. As men go, he was a good one. That's more important.

PS: RB, that's not how it works. The most liberal Pope they could pick would still be pro-life, anti-death penalty, and anti gay marriage. The more third-world they go, the farther to the right they will be.

There was quite a lot of discussion (CBC) today how he didn't believe in women having power or being allowed to become priests despite a shortage. Some are hoping that the next Pope will have more of an open mind in that regard.

Elvis
04-02-05, 10:13 PM
This all makes me kind of sad.

I'm not a Catholic, but I went to a Catholic high school. One week before I started at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Pope John died.

I watched as they selected Pope John Paul I, then the school educated us all on the process that the Church had just gone through and what a great guy JP1 was and what he was going to do. Big time propaganda.

But he died before he even got started. There were all kinds of rumors about how somebody had him poisoned because he was going to make some changes they didn't like. Everything was in total disarray.

Then, out of the blue comes this Polack. Nobody really gave him much of a chance, except for a bunch of people in Chicago and, of course, Poland. There was a new joke every few days about something stupid the Polish Pontiff did.

But it didn't take him long to build a following. He was just a good guy, very spiritual, not from the same background that all the other Popes were--he CHOSE to be a priest as an adult. Most of them were "given" to the Church by their families when they were children.

Then he got shot, just a few weeks after Reagan. They both survived, miraculously. I've always believed that Higher powers intervened. Just think what this world would be like if both had died in 1981. Now they're both gone, within a year of each other.

It's not likely we'll see another world figure like him again in our lifetime. He was likely the most powerful world leader of the 2nd half of the 20th century. Yet he had no military, and he never fired a shot.

That's about as far as I can go with this train of thought without getting this thread busted to the C.I. forum. Sorry if I crossed the line.

Ralph
04-02-05, 10:18 PM

I'm not a Catholic, but I went to a Catholic high school.

You too!!! I also went to Catholic elementary and Junior high and I'm not Catholic either.

Elvis
04-02-05, 10:25 PM
You too!!! I also went to Catholic elementary and Junior high and I'm not Catholic either.

You had Sisters. Like the Penguin in the Blues Brothers movie.

I had Brothers. Brothers were badd asss.

You had Nuns. Ain't had nun, Don't want nun, ain't gonna get nun, ain't gonna give nun...

Playdrv4me
04-03-05, 01:31 AM

I'm not a Catholic, but I went to a Catholic high school. One week before I started at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Pope John died.

I watched as they selected Pope John Paul I, then the school educated us all on the process that the Church had just gone through and what a great guy JP1 was and what he was going to do. Big time propaganda.

But he died before he even got started. There were all kinds of rumors about how somebody had him poisoned because he was going to make some changes they didn't like. Everything was in total disarray.

Then, out of the blue comes this Polack. Nobody really gave him much of a chance, except for a bunch of people in Chicago and, of course, Poland. There was a new joke every few days about something stupid the Polish Pontiff did.

But it didn't take him long to build a following. He was just a good guy, very spiritual, not from the same background that all the other Popes were--he CHOSE to be a priest as an adult. Most of them were "given" to the Church by their families when they were children.

Then he got shot, just a few weeks after Reagan. They both survived, miraculously. I've always believed that Higher powers intervened. Just think what this world would be like if both had died in 1981. Now they're both gone, within a year of each other.

It's not likely we'll see another world figure like him again in our lifetime. He was likely the most powerful world leader of the 2nd half of the 20th century. Yet he had no military, and he never fired a shot.

That's about as far as I can go with this train of thought without getting this thread busted to the C.I. forum. Sorry if I crossed the line.

Wow, well said man.

DopeStar 156
04-03-05, 01:39 AM
The guy had a good run and now the catholic church has hopes of the next guy in line. We'll see what he's like. I don't have a specific religion I just kinda do my own thing but I liked him, he was a good man with his heart in the right place.

Ralph
04-03-05, 01:42 AM
You had Sisters. Like the Penguin in the Blues Brothers movie.

I had Brothers. Brothers were badd asss.

You had Nuns. Ain't had nun, Don't want nun, ain't gonna get nun, ain't gonna give nun...

Yes we had "Sisters" They didn't wear "habits" though, no penguin suits either.

DopeStar 156
04-03-05, 01:45 AM
I doubt they will pick an American Cadillac driver :histeric:Listen here you! I'm prepared to defend my Pope-dom.

1. I look good in hats. That tall one would just compliment my 5' 11" stance.
2. I'm 100% Italian.
3. I could prolly DRIVE my Caddy to Rome and still have like 3/4 of a tank left.
4. The new Popemobile will be an '89 Fleetwood Brougham in Metallic Red Firemist.
5. I like to dress elegantly. I'd wear all his robes and look good in them.

Elvis
04-03-05, 02:32 PM
Make the DOPE POPE!

:histeric:

You got my vote!

D148L0
04-03-05, 02:40 PM
2. I'm 100% Italian.

Were you born in Italy, Dope?

Kev
04-03-05, 05:04 PM
Listen here you! I'm prepared to defend my Pope-dom.

1. I look good in hats. That tall one would just compliment my 5' 11" stance.
2. I'm 100% Italian.
3. I could prolly DRIVE my Caddy to Rome and still have like 3/4 of a tank left.
4. The new Popemobile will be an '89 Fleetwood Brougham in Metallic Red Firemist.
5. I like to dress elegantly. I'd wear all his robes and look good in them.What about 6.? Are you prepared for number six? This could be a deal breaker. Are you ready?
Here it comes;

CELEBACY

That's right! Nonatal! The opiate of Papalism. Drug of choice for Catholicism.

OK, I'm done with the heresy for now.....:hide::leaving:

DopeStar 156
04-03-05, 10:51 PM
What about 6.? Are you prepared for number six? This could be a deal breaker. Are you ready?
Here it comes;

CELEBACY

That's right! Nonatal! The opiate of Papalism. Drug of choice for Catholicism.

OK, I'm done with the heresy for now.....:hide::leaving:
Umm..... well it's a little too late for that. Also I was born in the Bronx..... but I have a great campeign! Vote Dope Pope! Haha! Thanks Elvis. Elect me pope of Caddy Forums.com and I promise to do some great stuff. Like add a forum to discuss what a great pope I am. When the time comes, make sure you cast your vote in the right direction.

DOPE POPE '05
I put the "ac" in "Cadillac"

Elvis
04-03-05, 11:33 PM
You don't have to be a virgin, you just have to promise not to ever do it again!

DopeStar 156
04-04-05, 12:12 AM
You don't have to be a virgin, you just have to promise not to ever do it again!

I could, but I don't think the pope is supposed to lie. ;)

majax
04-04-05, 01:59 AM
I was hoping the candidate from Nigeria would win. Would humble a lot of republicans over here.

I am not at all racist nor do I think black people are evil or any of that terrible anti African/African American crap but think of the symbolism of a BLACK man at the head of the Catholic church. You may not be a Christian, but to Christians that could play a symbolic role of the end times.

I don't see how that would humble Republicans?

majax
04-04-05, 02:00 AM
DOPE POPE '05

I put the "ac" in "Cadillac"

Well currently the A/C aint worknig in my Cadillac.

DopeStar 156
04-04-05, 09:26 AM
Yeah mine either.....

Elvis
04-04-05, 09:43 AM
I am not at all racist nor do I think black people are evil or any of that terrible anti African/African American crap but think of the symbolism of a BLACK man at the head of the Catholic church. You may not be a Christian, but to Christians that could play a symbolic role of the end times.

I don't see how that would humble Republicans?

Depends on which Christians you're talking about.

We never had a Polish Pope before and that worked out okay. They put lights in Wrigley Field. Vanessa Williams won Miss America. Tiger Woods and Vijay Singh are the best golfers in the world. Eminem is the hottest rapper.

Why not the Nigerian?

DopeStar 156
04-04-05, 11:50 AM
Because I'm not nigerian!

adam_mcd
04-04-05, 01:24 PM
omg they pulled his feeding tube. the florida courts couldnt save him :(