: Mystical Coincidents?

juiceE
04-01-05, 02:12 PM
EVER SINCE I CAN REMEBER, I'V BEEN HAVING "DE JA VU" EXPERIENCES, LIKE SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN, AN THEN ILL REMEBER I'D HAVE A DREEM ABOUT THAT HAPPENING, BUT SOMETIMES THE DREEM WAS FROM A LONG ASS TIME AGO, SUMTIMES MONTHA AGO, WUTEVER IT VARIES, BUT IT DOES HAPPEN. AND FOR LIKE 4 YRS, IVE HAD THIS WIERD EXPERIENCE OF ALWAYS FINDING DIMES. LIKE I'D BE ABLE TO SENSE THEM, ID JUS LOOK ON THE GROUND, AND THERE'D BE ONE, OR ID ALWAYS BE FINDING THEM LIKE EVERY DAY, IN COMMON PLACES OR STRANGE PLACES, AND IT ALWAYS BE DIMES. AND IT STOPPED FOR A LONG TIME, BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN, ILL STILL SEE A DIME POP UP. BUT JUS RECENTLY LIKE THIS PAST 2 WEEKS. I ORDERED CHINESE FOOD FROM 2 DIFERENT SPOTS, ONE LAST WEEK, AN ONE 2 DAYS AGO, AN I GOT THE SAME EXACT FORTUNE FROM THE COOKIES

I DUNNO WHAT TO SAY, I JUS HADA VENT:hammer:

gothicaleigh
04-01-05, 05:03 PM
Go read the Celestine Prophesy. I think you may find it interesting, enlightening, and able to suggest a reason for your coincidences and feelings of DejaVu.

(also, the caps lock is the button to the left of the keyboard, just above Shift ;) )

Kev
04-01-05, 05:06 PM
Caution, this might be considered by some to fall into the catagory of religion! :shhh: :lildevil:

gothicaleigh
04-01-05, 05:27 PM
Okay, so I get a little religious about the Caps Lock.... :p

Ralph
04-01-05, 05:45 PM
The only thing close to this I experienced was one time about 10 years ago driving home from university on break (3.5 hour drive) doing 100 kph and all of a sudden I got this strange "feeling" of danger that I still can't explain, so I decided to slow down to around 80 kph or so and not 2 minutes later a pack of deer darted across the highway from the bushes! I was shocked and still cannot explain that feeling but I would imagine that if I had been going 20 kph faster I MIGHT have been in the vicinity of the deer running.

OK, sorry, not related but strange nonetheless.

I'm not putting any label on this and don't intend to.

Regarding dreams, sometimes they come true, but they regard little things. Too bad I can't dream of the lotto numbers!

JohnnyO
04-01-05, 09:55 PM
I get the deja vu thing a lot. Also streetlights seem to turn off when I walk under them. They probably just cycle automatically but it seems to happen a lot.

D148L0
04-01-05, 10:53 PM
Okay, so I get a little religious about the Caps Lock.... :p
:histeric:

majax
04-02-05, 12:32 AM
Well I have the de-ja-vous problem to but I think it is because I have bad sleeping patters and I think it causes my mind to mix the present up with the past or something to that affect. So really I only think I remember it happening in a dream. Sometimes it is really strong to, hmm. There's a theory that it is linked with skytsophrenia(excuse the spelling on that)

davesdeville
04-02-05, 04:43 AM
Only have that deja vu problem after my week long coke binges. I mean...

Nah I only notice weird stuff like that when I really lack sleep.

Jesda
04-02-05, 07:37 AM
I've been dreaming about ex-girlfriends lately. I should get a restraining order.

Elvis
04-02-05, 10:29 AM
Deja vu is a neurological phenomenon that is caused by lack of sleep. Your brain sees something but processes it out of synch. When it's all over you feel like you experienced something twice.

Caffeine could also induce something like this.

SilverCTS
04-02-05, 11:02 AM
Check this out...

This really happened...

I came home from work one day, and I noticed that a picture of my mom was on the floor and the glass frame was shattered.

I picked up the picture and I wondered what had happened (and how it happened).

That night, my mom called me and told me she was diagnosed with cancer.

A couple years later, I came home from work, and I noticed that a picture of my mom fell off the refrigerator (it was attached to the frig with a magnet). Both the magnet and picture were on the floor.

That night, I got a phone call from my sister and she told me that my mom had just died.

Wierd, isn't it?

airbalancer
04-02-05, 11:21 AM
The only thing close to this I experienced was one time about 10 years ago driving home from university on break (3.5 hour drive) doing 100 kph and all of a sudden I got this strange "feeling" of danger that I still can't explain, so I decided to slow down to around 80 kph or so and not 2 minutes later a pack of deer darted across the highway from the bushes! I was shocked and still cannot explain that feeling but I would imagine that if I had been going 20 kph faster I MIGHT have been in the vicinity of the deer running.

you should been speeded up to normal 120 kph :hide: and you would been fine. lol

Ralph
04-02-05, 03:55 PM
you should been speeded up to normal 120 kph :hide: and you would been fine. lol

Yup, that might have worked too. :D

D148L0
04-02-05, 04:18 PM
Deja-vu is a bug in the Matrix... how is it that nobody mentioned this before?

Elvis, you are right. Those are contemplated as possible explanations. It is also believed that your brain confuses newly aquired experiences with very similar ones in your past, or a combination of those possibilities.

TomDeville
04-02-05, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=gothicaleigh]Go read the Celestine Prophesy. I think you may find it interesting, enlightening, and able to suggest a reason for your coincidences and feelings of DejaVu.

Hi G.Leigh,
Didn't you find that, albeit well written,
The Celestine Prophecy (by James Redfield)
was a little too 'new age flakey'. Incidentally,
did you also read the follow up book "The Tenth
Insight" ;and, if so, what is your opinion? and,
more specifically--do you hold it in as high regard
as the first book (which deals with the first nine
'insights').

In any event, I think the whole deja vu ("already seen")
phenomenon is as real as it is inexplicable. It exists,
but like dreams themselves are difficult if not
impossible to explain and/or define ex post facto
(after the fact).

Our minds are very strange places.

TomDeville :coolgleam :coolgleam