: Anybody want pictures from NY auto show?

Katshot
04-01-05, 07:41 AM
This is your chance. I'll be at the show today and if anyone has any pictures they want taken here's your chance to add your request. I'll be leaving around noon EST so anybody who posts a request here by then, will see the pictures here by tonight.

turbojimmy
04-01-05, 08:22 AM
This is your chance. I'll be at the show today and if anyone has any pictures they want taken here's your chance to add your request. I'll be leaving around noon EST so anybody who posts a request here by then, will see the pictures here by tonight.

I'll be there, too. I'm leaving at around 9AM so I can swing by the Intrepid first. If I'm still there after noon, look for a guy (me) with a 4-year-old son, a stroller and another guy that's taller but looks like the other guy (my brother). I'll have a blue hooded Carhartt on.

Jim

Katshot
04-01-05, 08:36 AM
I'll be with my son (21) and daughter (18) and I'll be in jeans and a white polo.

Sandy
04-01-05, 10:17 AM
Kat, yes, I need a favor. I am unable to go as I am having leg problems and can't walk far. If you don't mind, just one thing, and maybe it's not even there.
There is a HUGE Jeep exhibit. Within that exhibit look for a Cherokee (the one that went out of production in 2001 ~ the XJ Cherokee Sport). This wagon is a black one, frequesntly displayed with a pedistal of explanation telling that it was the FINAL Jeep Cherokee made, and across the top of the windshield are white numbers, giving the total number of XJ Cherokees made, from 1984 thru 2001. IF they are displaying THAT vehicle, could you take a pencil & paper and write down for me the last 6 numbers of the VIN?
I'd greatly appreciate it. :) X 1.000.
(and) Thank You!

slk230mb
04-01-05, 11:07 AM
I don't need any pics, but check out the STS-V cut away, it is an awesome display.

Katshot
04-01-05, 11:26 AM
Kat, yes, I need a favor. I am unable to go as I am having leg problems and can't walk far. If you don't mind, just one thing, and maybe it's not even there.
There is a HUGE Jeep exhibit. Within that exhibit look for a Cherokee (the one that went out of production in 2001 ~ the XJ Cherokee Sport). This wagon is a black one, frequesntly displayed with a pedistal of explanation telling that it was the FINAL Jeep Cherokee made, and across the top of the windshield are white numbers, giving the total number of XJ Cherokees made, from 1984 thru 2001. IF they are displaying THAT vehicle, could you take a pencil & paper and write down for me the last 6 numbers of the VIN?
I'd greatly appreciate it. :) X 1.000.
(and) Thank You!

Consider it done Sandy.

Sandy
04-01-05, 02:56 PM
Thank you ! This will be the 1st show I missed since 1993. Very Sad about it, too. Enjoy it!

Katshot
04-02-05, 08:07 AM
Sorry Sandy. Not only was the vehicle not there, but the guys at the "Jeep Information" both had no clue what I was talking about. Wish I could've been more help.
The show was great! Next to no traffic going or coming and the show itself wasn't very crowded. All in all, everything worked out great! I'll be posting some pictures from the show today.

D148L0
04-02-05, 03:23 PM
So? Did you find each other, guys?

Blackout
04-02-05, 05:11 PM
So? Did you find each other, guys?Nope

turbojimmy
04-02-05, 08:53 PM
So? Did you find each other, guys?

Nope. It wasn't that crowded, but given the size of the place it was a long shot. We got there around noon and left around 2. I took lots of pictures, but nothing we haven't already seen in magazines. Lots of pics of the STS-V and the '06 DTS. There was some cool stuff there, but nothing really to write home about. I guess I read too many car magazines.

Jim

Blackout
04-02-05, 09:55 PM
We didn't get there until around 4:00 so yeah you were home by the time we got there