: Great news, I'm a dad now!

Rolex
03-31-05, 07:44 PM
I wanted to share this good news with my friends here at Cadi Forums. I'm the proud daddy of a 5 pound 7 ounce little girl, as of 11:49 pm march 24th. I'm a little delayed on the anouncement because mom and baby just got to come home from the hospital today. The baby spent a little time in the intensive care nursery after being born just a little early, and I didn't leave either of their sides. mom and baby are home and doing exceptionally well! :D

Ralph
03-31-05, 07:47 PM
Whoa, congrats Buddy!! You'll have to change your avatar to something a little less violent, like a purple dinosaur or something LOL!!! :p

illumina
03-31-05, 07:51 PM
Whoa, congrats Buddy!! You'll have to change your avatar to something a little less violent, like a purple dinosaur or something LOL!!! :p

I happen to think that Travis Bickle would make a great father.

Ralph
03-31-05, 07:58 PM
I happen to think that Travis Bickle would make a great father.

Who is Travis Pickle?

D148L0
03-31-05, 07:59 PM
Great news man, congratulations!!!! :thumbsup:

And you know what? Your daughter shares MY birthday (Yes, all this ugrateful brats forgot to sing happy birthday to me)... :annoyed:

Adam
03-31-05, 08:01 PM
CONGRATULATIONS buddy! i just recently became an uncle (i posted a while back) and i love my neice (well neices) to death. good luck and good health to you and your family :thumbsup: . and may the next 18 years treat you well :rolleyes: !

Adam
03-31-05, 08:04 PM
Great news man, congratulations!!!! :thumbsup:

And you know what? Your daughter shares MY birthday (Yes, all this ugrateful brats forgot to sing happy birthday to me)... :annoyed:

sorry, didnt know. Happy Birthday bud! (i cant sing :rolleyes: ).

Rolex
03-31-05, 08:15 PM

The purple dinosaur must die! :p LOL

ben72227
03-31-05, 08:18 PM
Its nice to see another Razorback fan enter this world:lildevil: Congrats Rolex on your daughter and good luck with being a daddy. And you better get used to the purple dinosaur because he's going to be in your life for the next couple of years...:sneaky:

In fact, here's to getting a jumpstart:lildevil: (http://pbskids.org/barney/index.htm%3Cimg%20src=%22images/smilies/evilsmile.gif%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22%22%20t itle=%22Little%20Devil%22%20smilieid=%22107%22%20c lass=%22inlineimg%22%20/%3E): http://pbskids.org/barney/index.htm (http://pbskids.org/barney/index.htm%3Cimg%20src=%22images/smilies/evilsmile.gif%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22%22%20t itle=%22Little%20Devil%22%20smilieid=%22107%22%20c lass=%22inlineimg%22%20/%3E)

Sandy
03-31-05, 08:30 PM
Hearty Congradulations!
Time to think MiniVan :sneaky:

illumina
03-31-05, 08:35 PM
Who is Travis Pickle?

Travis Bickle would happen to be the guy in Rolex's avatar: the dude from Taxi Driver (played brilliantly by Robert De Niro)...

You see, me and Travis have something in common: nobody likes us and we're both nuts. Only I have yet to get a job as a cab driver: I only clean people's vacant apartments :lildevil:

Oh, Rolex, conrats on the kid!

Ralph
03-31-05, 08:39 PM
Travis Bickle would happen to be the guy in Rolex's avatar: the dude from Taxi Driver (played brilliantly by Robert De Niro)

Oh ya, thanks. I remember that name now. It's been a good 10 years since I've seen that great show. I have the DVD of Deer Hunter, another great movie I think from the same year, (1978) :2thumbs: but the first hour is so boring!

A Barney avatar, C'mon rolex, you'd be the first.

slk230mb
03-31-05, 08:44 PM
Congrats Rolex.

Oh ya, thanks. I remember that name now. It's been a good 10 years since I've seen that great show. I have the DVD of Deer Hunter, another great movie I think from the same year, (1978) :2thumbs: but the first hour is so boring!

A Barney avatar, C'mon rolex, you'd be the first.

Ummmm Taxi Driver was a movie Ralph, not the tv show with Tony Danza.

Ralph
03-31-05, 08:45 PM
Congrats Rolex.

Ummmm Taxi Driver was a movie Ralph, not the tv show with Tony Danza.

I know, with Jody Foster. Then that character started stalking Jody because he saw her in that movie.

Kinda like a Natty thing I guess. :shhh: :lildevil:

Brett
03-31-05, 08:50 PM
Congrats, mine just turned 11 months

Stoneage_Caddy
03-31-05, 09:49 PM
I wanted to share this good news with my friends here at Cadi Forums. I'm the proud daddy of a 5 pound 7 ounce little girl, as of 11:49 pm march 24th. I'm a little delayed on the anouncement because mom and baby just got to come home from the hospital today. The baby spent a little time in the intensive care nursery after being born just a little early, and I didn't leave either of their sides. mom and baby are home and doing exceptionally well! :D
woo hoo , congrats dude !!!!

"have a cigar your gonna go far "-Pink Floyd

well im buying stock in smith and wesson now , this is the second girl born here at caddy forums and theres gonna be some daddys wanting to protect some daughters ...

Katshot
03-31-05, 10:22 PM
Congrats! There's truely nothing like it. There's always something special between a guy and his daughter. That said, I gotta tell you you're SCREWED! Find a hobby, take a second job, do whatever you have to to get another guy in the house. I absolutely believe girls are WAY harder than boys. And it only gets worse when both mother and daughter are PMSing at the same time! ;)

Kev
03-31-05, 10:42 PM
Congrats! There's truely nothing like it. There's always something special between a guy and his daughter. That said, I gotta tell you you're SCREWED! Find a hobby, take a second job, do whatever you have to to get another guy in the house. I absolutely believe girls are WAY harder than boys. And it only gets worse when both mother and daughter are PMSing at the same time! ;)Katshot, we agree! (You should have it so easy with only one daughter! Try three plus the wife :suspense: :drinker :helpless: :bonkers: )

Rolex! My man! Way to go buddy! Congratulations indeed! My first word of advise is to maintain the intimidating avatars, you can never be too careful and must be vigilant at all times!

davesdeville
04-01-05, 12:21 AM
Congrats :yup:, and let it not happen to me for a good decade or two :leaving:.

Elvis
04-01-05, 05:26 PM
Congrats Rolex!

We need pics!

BeelzeBob
04-01-05, 05:44 PM
Congratulations! Where are the pictures?

Ralph
04-01-05, 05:48 PM
Congrats! There's truely nothing like it. There's always something special between a guy and his daughter. That said, I gotta tell you you're SCREWED! Find a hobby, take a second job, do whatever you have to to get another guy in the house. I absolutely believe girls are WAY harder than boys. And it only gets worse when both mother and daughter are PMSing at the same time! ;)

LOL! Oh ya, I feel like getting married now! LOL!! Funny how married guys always say it's so great when the wifes around, THEN HERE you FREAK ME OUT! LOL!! :histeric:

Oh well, I'm single again so I can BREATHE. :p

Kev
04-01-05, 06:02 PM
LOL! Oh ya, I feel like getting married now! LOL!! Funny how married guys always say it's so great when the wifes around, THEN HERE you FREAK ME OUT! LOL!! :histeric:

Oh well, I'm single again so I can BREATHE. :pWell, you have horrible luck with women anyway Ralphie, you oughta just lay off 'em. I mean, I've never had any ex's go "Socio-psycho" on any of my cars...........oh, wait.....that didn't actually happen...........never mind....:leaving:

Ralph
04-01-05, 06:04 PM
Well, you have horrible luck with women anyway Ralphie, you oughta just lay off 'em. I mean, I've never had any ex's go "Socio-psycho" on any of my cars...........oh, wait.....that didn't actually happen...........never mind....:leaving:

LOL! Lets just say I trust my car MORE! :shhh: :)

Rolex
04-01-05, 06:40 PM
Here's my little girl in her first Arkansas Razorback outfit. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/RazorbackLilly.jpg

05STSWOW
04-01-05, 06:45 PM
One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. -English Proverb

Elvis
04-02-05, 09:33 AM
Oooooooooooohhhhhh Pig!!!!! Soooooeeeeeeyyyy!!!!!

(Traditional Arkansas Razorback's cheer)

Rauf
04-02-05, 10:01 AM
Congratulations! :rose:

Kev
04-02-05, 10:43 AM
Here's my little girl in her first Arkansas Razorback outfit. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/RazorbackLilly.jpgIsn't it an amazing feeling to look at that tiny, beautiful little person and say to yourself, "That's my daughter, that's my little girl!"
It can change your perspective on life and God have mercy on anyone who tries to harm her.

airbalancer
04-02-05, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!
Enjoy her, she will change your life forever

Kev, we cannot tell what comes next.It is a sercet, for us guys with three daughters

Kev
04-02-05, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!
Enjoy her, she will change your life forever

Kev, we cannot tell what comes next.It is a sercet, for us guys with three daughtersSo true Airbalancer, we must be strong! Keep the faith Brutha!

Rolex
04-02-05, 10:38 PM
I am beginning to realize that I am now out numbered by red-headed women. What have I done? :helpless: :p

Kev
04-02-05, 10:42 PM
I am beginning to realize that I am now out numbered by red-headed women. What have I done? :helpless: :pIt's all good man!

TomDeville
04-03-05, 12:14 AM
My applause to you RolexPops!
Well done!
You're shooting live ammo for sure!
Three redheads, you will now
be able to experience some
serious female irascibility, in
triplicate, down the road.
My baby girl is just two (2),
so I figure I can start anger
management now, and attend
consistently for the next
twelve (12) years or so, to
make sure that I'll be
prepared for the first punk ass
trying to score with my daughter.
As you can imagine, I am not
presently ready for that particular
potentiality.

Kev's right, it really is -- All Good.

Seriously, Rolex; it very important for you,
as a Man, to ensure that the protection of
your daughter's best interests hereinafter
constitute the overarching and paramount
priority in your life. Forever.
Go Razorbacks!

Best Regards,

TomDeville :coolgleam :coolgleam :coolgleam

airbalancer
04-03-05, 09:15 AM
The lesson you will learn in about about 20 years( what her grandparents are finding out now,) If I knew grandkids were so great I would have had them first!
LOL
After 4 kids and 3 grandkids, I know what I am talking about

Rolex
04-03-05, 03:00 PM
Thank you all for the advice, well wishes, and congratulations! I am a lucky man indeed. :)

evilrussian
04-03-05, 08:46 PM
Glasses up for a new dad! :cheers:

My boy turned 1 on March 25, I know the feeling!
You better get a big safe for your arsenal, I gotta hide my pieces now since he's starting to walk and opens every door and drawer in the house.

Rolex
04-04-05, 07:09 PM
Glasses up for a new dad! :cheers:

My boy turned 1 on March 25, I know the feeling!
You better get a big safe for your arsenal, I gotta hide my pieces now since he's starting to walk and opens every door and drawer in the house.

I am ordering a fireproof safe from bass proshops within the next couple of weeks. You can bet the little one will have the same healthy respect for guns I did when I was a kiddo. :thumbsup:

Kev
04-04-05, 08:25 PM
I am ordering a fireproof safe from bass proshops within the next couple of weeks. You can bet the little one will have the same healthy respect for guns I did when I was a kiddo. :thumbsup:Good job! Have you been shoping yet for the perfect little starter guns? Get to get her a Red Ryder air rifle and when she's ready, a nice little .22 pistol. Start her out with silohouettes where the bull's eye centers at the crotch. :sneaky:

Ralph
04-04-05, 08:32 PM
I am ordering a fireproof safe from bass proshops within the next couple of weeks. You can bet the little one will have the same healthy respect for guns I did when I was a kiddo. :thumbsup:

Two things I recommend. Constant supervision, even with a pellet rifle, and a firearms safety course as soon as she is old enough. Nothing taught me more respect that the mandatory safety course here and what my father drilled into my head about safety!

I also recommend trigger locks because when she eventually brings friends over because enquiring minds tend to be curious....

Almost everyday I hear on Detroit news about some child who finds the fathers firearm and disaster is sure to follow.

All when the time comes of course. ;)

I'm curious Rolex, does your wife target shoot too??

davesdeville
04-05-05, 12:59 AM
Start her out with silohouettes where the bull's eye centers at the crotch. :sneaky:

...How can a guy say something like that? :eek:

airbalancer
04-05-05, 06:51 AM
...How can a guy say something like that? :eek:

If you have daughters it is easy to say :coolgleam

Kev
04-05-05, 02:01 PM
Start her out with silohouettes where the bull's eye centers at the crotch. :sneaky:...How can a guy say something like that? :eek:If you have daughters it is easy to say :coolgleamI see so much disrespect in young men for young lades these days, nothin wrong with instilling a little fear IMO to regain a little balance.

Be afraid Dave, be very afraid! :lildevil: :cool:

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 02:13 PM
I can see it now ......stroller rolls up ...see this little hand pop out of it flashing a sign and cooing "check yo self foo" and then she pulls out the playskool "babies first semi automatic weapon" and does the worlds first "stroller driveby" ....

all while never spilling a drop of "similac" baby forumula

the mean little boys at preschool that hog the slide will neevr stand a chance ..

Kev
04-05-05, 02:15 PM
I can see it now ......stroller rolls up ...see this little hand pop out of it flashing a sign and cooing "check yo self foo" and then she pulls out the playskool "babies first semi automatic weapon" and does the worlds first "stroller driveby" ....

the mean little boys at preschool that hog the slide will neevr stand a chance ..Yeah Baby! That's what I'm talkin' bout! :lildevil: :gungrin:

Stoneage_Caddy
04-05-05, 02:26 PM
heres a visual

1toycad
04-05-05, 03:09 PM

Congratulations and cheers!!!:cheers:

You are about to embark in a wonderful new journey. I am sure that you have heard this before, but it is SOOOOOO TRUE.

Enjoy your child/children and spend as much time as you can with her/them. They grow up SOOOOOO FAST.

My oldest daughter was also born when I was 29 years old. Now she is a sophomore in college!!!

Which leads me to the next piece of advice. SAVE your money now, kids only get more expensive as they get older!!! :shocked2:

Kev
04-05-05, 03:28 PM
Which leads me to the next piece of advice. SAVE your money now, kids only get more expensive as they get older!!! :shocked2:So true! So true! :suspense: :nono:

Rob_M
04-05-05, 04:01 PM
Congrats Rolex!! I'm very happy for you! Enjoy!!!

MEJIA
04-05-05, 04:47 PM
Congratulations, Rolex...

I am very happy for you....

Daniel Mejia

davesdeville
04-05-05, 06:54 PM
I see so much disrespect in young men for young lades these days, nothin wrong with instilling a little fear IMO to regain a little balance.

Be afraid Dave, be very afraid! :lildevil: :cool:

That's a bit more than a little fear. I can see the thread of an ass beating but really now don't be a ball kicker. (Although I do see how it can keep guys from scoring with your daughter if the equipment is damaged...) And there are still good young men out there like me.

Kev
04-06-05, 12:11 PM
That's a bit more than a little fear. I can see the thread of an ass beating but really now don't be a ball kicker. (Although I do see how it can keep guys from scoring with your daughter if the equipment is damaged...) And there are still good young men out there like me.If you are one of those young men who know how to show respect for a young lady and her parents then you have little to fear and we would get along just fine if you showed up at my door to date one of my daughters.

If you are among those who call girls hos or b****s well.......

Stoneage_Caddy
04-06-05, 12:13 PM
If you are one of those young men who know how to show respect for a young lady and her parents then you have little to fear and we would get along just fine if you showed up at my door to date one of my daughters.

If you are among those who call girls hos or b****s well.......
problem is most daughters dont want the nice gu......oh i beatter keep quiet now ...

Kev
04-06-05, 12:20 PM
problem is most daughters dont want the nice gu......oh i beatter keep quiet now ...I hear ya. I'm not all that sure about the two younger but, my oldest I think I have a pretty good idea. She's cute, petite, smart, nice figure, very athletic, tough and stubborn. She's got a good head on her shoulders and if anyone tried anything untoward she's very capable of defending herself. She could hurt you.

Rolex
04-06-05, 02:24 PM
Two things I recommend. Constant supervision, even with a pellet rifle, and a firearms safety course as soon as she is old enough. Nothing taught me more respect that the mandatory safety course here and what my father drilled into my head about safety!

I also recommend trigger locks because when she eventually brings friends over because enquiring minds tend to be curious....

Almost everyday I hear on Detroit news about some child who finds the fathers firearm and disaster is sure to follow.

All when the time comes of course. ;)

I'm curious Rolex, does your wife target shoot too??

The answer to 'does my wife shoot' is yes.....sometimes better than me. I will certainly do everything I must to prevent my firearms from being exposed to young curious hands. I have always fancied myself a responsible gun owner, and will continue to do so while teaching my child about outdoor sports like hunting and shooting.

the mean little boys at preschool that hog the slide will neevr stand a chance ..

Funny, but not exactly what I've got in mind.:D The kid in the stroller with the uzi is a nice touch! LOL

addison_ii
04-07-05, 01:38 AM
congrats Rolex, my twins will be 3 in june. Get ready for lots of memories.