: Additive

inconnu
03-30-05, 08:28 PM
Before going ahead i wanted to ask you guys that would it be a wise thing to put Lucas oil stablizer in motor oil
Which ones be better Bosch P4 or NGK plugs
Buying a KN air filter is it worth spending that kind of money,.
Are there any signs that i need to change tranny filter and oil (I bought 97 Catera with 100k miles and i dont know when tranny was drained last time) but the gear shifting is smooth.
Thanks for your time
Cheers :D

Vesicant
03-30-05, 08:54 PM
Before going ahead i wanted to ask you guys that would it be a wise thing to put Lucas oil stablizer in motor oil
Which ones be better Bosch P4 or NGK plugs
Buying a KN air filter is it worth spending that kind of money,.
Are there any signs that i need to change tranny filter and oil (I bought 97 Catera with 100k miles and i dont know when tranny was drained last time) but the gear shifting is smooth.
Thanks for your time
Cheers :D

Stabilizer should be fine-if not beneficial for the oil cooler. You can go either way on those sparkplugs, both are great. NGK's are platinums right?

K&N filter; gives a lil more airflow and its washable and reuseable. Just dont use too much oil when you re-applicate it. Ive been wanting to try one myself.

The transmission fluid will be dirty or dark; if it smells burnt or has lots of metal/composite debris then you got problems. Theres only one way to check this and its from a level check hole on the side of the trans. The transmission fluid is rated till 100,000 miles so if you want to keep up on it, now would be a good time to drain and fill with a new filter. Dont flush.

Here's a tutorial on how to change the fluid and filter if you need it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7483

inconnu
03-30-05, 10:02 PM
Stabilizer should be fine-if not beneficial for the oil cooler. You can go either way on those sparkplugs, both are great. NGK's are platinums right?

K&N filter; gives a lil more airflow and its washable and reuseable. Just dont use too much oil when you re-applicate it. Ive been wanting to try one myself.

The transmission fluid will be dirty or dark; if it smells burnt or has lots of metal/composite debris then you got problems. Theres only one way to check this and its from a level check hole on the side of the trans. The transmission fluid is rated till 100,000 miles so if you want to keep up on it, now would be a good time to drain and fill with a new filter. Dont flush.

Here's a tutorial on how to change the fluid and filter if you need it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7483

By oil cooler you mean Motor/Engine oil ?
Yes i was thinking of NGK platinums and thanks for the link
Thanks again Buddy :)

Vesicant
03-30-05, 10:06 PM
srry if that wasnt clear.. good for the engine, and good for the cars oil cooler as well. There was an issue with sealing problems on the cooler itself and since its cooled by the engines coolant you dont want leaks. I saw that Lucas stops leaks as well so thats why i threw that tidbit in.

tatvamasi
03-31-05, 12:28 PM
you might wanna check this out. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm not sure how much i could believe this test though.

R-Caddy
05-10-08, 06:15 PM
My oil pressure was running rather high at high RPM and the engine was getting loud. I did an oil change today with Royal Purple, adding Slick 50 High Mileage additive and... VOILA!!! Oil pressure dropped closer to normal levels and the cars runs so smooth now...