: Group buy with CourtenaySport?

Vesicant
03-30-05, 06:49 PM
Because I know you Catera owners want more performance.. im actively talking to Courtenay Sport about group buy and the abillity to send parts to the US . So far they have said yes to sending to the US.

Right now im working out the groupbuy and selected parts that would work with the catera...

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/default.htm

Stay Tuned :)

(and sorry about that steinmetz deal.. if this works, that comes next)

AllenPacla
03-30-05, 09:49 PM
I have been reading about the services they offer and how i wish they are just close by. But like the flywheel, if it's fitted to our Catera here in the US, would the car still pass testing? Because just like they said, the flywheel of the Catera's engine was designed to be heavy so that it can idle at low rpm's. Replacing the flywheel, would that mean that the idling of the car would be affected and naturally be higher? It seems that getting all the upgrades they offer is better than let's say buying a new car. They are even claiming of fuel efficiency. I hope by the time you are finally able to organize this group buy, I already have the money to join and get some of their upgrades.

Vesicant
03-30-05, 09:54 PM
Idle is controlled by the computer... with a lighter flywheel it will mean less spinning mass on the engine but it should keep the same idle speed. What they are talking about is having it have enough mass to keep the engine spinning at a looowwww rpm. Idle on the catera should never go below 5-600rpm's. No effect on emissions. Only by-product is the car wont feel as smooth as theres no large spinning weight smoothing out vibrations as much.

must have the ability to idle as low as 425 rpm

Ls1 Catera project
04-03-05, 11:43 PM
Hey ya

Thank, I am all 4 this. . .