: How to ID aftermarket motor and tranny mounts?

giskard
08-28-13, 03:45 PM
Hi all,

I bought an 06 with aftermarket poly motor and tranny mounts.
I will be having the flywheel replaced, and at the same time I'd like to replace said mounts to the softest aftermarket ones, if they're not those already.

Could someone give me tips on how to ID the various aftermarket mounts?

TIA

JFensty
08-28-13, 03:54 PM
Post pics if possible. That would be the easiest. Or at least give us a description (color,dimensions,etc)

shadybx7
08-28-13, 03:55 PM
take a picture and post it..

UUC, creative,or revshift- search google for images related to those mounts

barrok69
08-28-13, 04:38 PM
This should help as far as motor mounts are concerned:

If they are broken, they are stock
If they are smooth and black they are creative steel
If they are smooth and red or blue they are revshift
If they are smooth and yellow they are UUC
If they are red and have U shaped brackets they are UMI

To replace whatever you have with the softest I'd suggest Creative Steel or Revshift Blues. I have creative steel in my supercharged V and didn't notice any degradation over what stock felt like from an Idle Noise/vibration/harshness concern. The car felt much more "connected" though and power came on smoother and more predictably from the elimination of motor movement.

giskard
08-28-13, 07:51 PM
"If they are broken, they are stock"
LOL

Hmm, the poly of the tranny mount appears to be a deep blue, and quite soft to the fingernail...
Gotta take pix...

lollygagger8
08-29-13, 12:01 PM
Blue is most likely Revshift

giskard
08-29-13, 08:33 PM
The engine mounts are definitely yellow/UUC.

The tranny mount looks a lot more like the UUC than the RS ones in the below pic.
It's also a bit squished in the middle. Is this a problem?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/Trans%20Mount/DSCN5153.jpg

Are the UUC engine and tranny mounts harder or softer than the soft RS engine mounts, and the CS tranny mounts?

HAMSTAR
08-30-13, 09:58 AM
In the pic above, the one on the right is an old version Creative Steel mount. The one on the left is the UUC mount. Revshift looks like a blue bar sandwiched into the gap of the stock mount. It will look more low the mount on the left but with a blue bar in the middle.

----------

If your mount looks like the one on the left, but "squished" then you most likely have a stok mount that has collapsed. The cure for that is the revshift insert.

giskard
08-30-13, 11:59 AM
The mount definitely looks like the UUC mount with poly in the middle, instead of a void like the stockers.
Here's a pic taken almost straight up. The "squished" part is the middle part of the mount.

Is this bulge normal or is it a problem?

giskard
08-30-13, 12:06 PM
In the pic above, the one on the right is an old version Creative Steel mount.

In what ways are the new version better?

MotorMounts
08-30-13, 02:23 PM
In what ways are the new version better?

The steel portion of our new trans mounts (made for over a year now, 8-30-2013) are a lot like the factory mounts. The urethane is soft in order to absorb vibrations but the mounts are 100% full of urethane, meaning there is no air space in the center like the OEM mount. Bottom line is that they don't transmit vibrations like a stiffer mount and don't sag over time like the OEM.

The mount of ours in the picture has a soft urethane too. There are a ton of those mounts out in the world working just fine. You could put that mount in, if it solves your problem..............life is good.

giskard
08-30-13, 06:02 PM
The photo of the squished mount is from my car. I bought it with poly mounts, and want to switch to softer poly if they exist.

Can you comment on how soft your mounts are vs. my UUC motor and tranny mounts, and the other motor mounts?

Also, doesn't the squished tranny mount (1/4" maybe?), cause a driveshaft misalignment?

MotorMounts
08-30-13, 07:14 PM
The photo of the squished mount is from my car. I bought it with poly mounts, and want to switch to softer poly if they exist.

Can you comment on how soft your mounts are vs. my UUC motor and tranny mounts, and the other motor mounts?

Also, doesn't the squished tranny mount (1/4" maybe?), cause a driveshaft misalignment?

I have no personal experience with UUC mounts, motor or trans. I know that our car is bone stock and the wife drives it everyday with no sniveling that the car is uncomfortable to drive.
If you'd like to try our stuff I won't stick you with anything you don't like it, send it back. I'm pretty confident you'll be pleased.

yes, a severely sagging trans mount will cause a drive shaft misalignment. Bad trans mounts are the #1 cause of Guibo joint failures in the CTS's.

giskard
09-03-13, 11:22 AM
For posterity, anyone wishing to know about the UUC tranny mount heights, go here

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/360586-when-replace-driveshaft.html