: Hvac???

jwh01
03-29-05, 06:37 PM
Ok my dispaly will not work and i checked the fuses i can hear it open and close to vents but no display took it to the dealer because no other dino can check it and they told me i need a new display or hvac system told me it would be 800 but they could not get one for because it was on back order so i left made a few calls and got some one finally to tell me that they could use a used one it just had to be programed but i want to be sure before i get a one that that is the problem anyone else have an idea?

thanks

john

stevehogan
03-29-05, 07:04 PM
What year Catera? Any other lighting or display issues i.e. do the speedo and radio light up OK?

jwh01
03-29-05, 07:06 PM
97 and this is the only display problem that i have had

omermurat
03-29-05, 08:27 PM
My friend's 97 Catera had the similar problem. He got a used display from ebay for $35. We installed it in 45 minutes and it's been working like a champ eversince. Try to find a used one, I'll try and guide you how to install it as it is not something complicated.

Vesicant
03-29-05, 08:33 PM
It shouldnt need any programming except to maybe recalibrate the mix doors... and this can be done by (with the car on or ignition to run position) holding the auto and off buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. You will hear the actuators working during this time...

omermurat
03-31-05, 10:42 PM
Guess what? There is one on sale at ebay. Search for 7964908193 .