: The comeback of the world's ugliest car.

D148L0
03-29-05, 06:05 PM
It really is ugly beyond words...

http://www.rexfeatures.com/features/516925/

illumina
03-29-05, 06:13 PM
It suites you well Diablo...:D :p

Shouldn't there be a hot dog or cream filling of some sort coming out of that thing?

D148L0
03-29-05, 06:25 PM
It suites you well Diablo...:D :p

Shouldn't there be a hot dog or cream filling of some sort coming out of that thing?
I dunno, but it reminded me of Homer Simpson's abomination...

Kev
03-29-05, 06:31 PM
Oh.......my......... :shocked2: :vomit:

http://www.rexfeatures.com/features/516925/lo-res/516925r.jpg
"Objects In The
Windshield May
Appear Closer
Than They Are"

slk230mb
03-29-05, 06:54 PM
That is the ugliest thing on 4 wheels I have ever laid eyes on.

davesdeville
03-29-05, 07:19 PM
Not as bad as the neon replacement or the PT Cruiser.

Ok I lied. It's worse but not by much.

90Brougham350
03-29-05, 07:56 PM
Not as bad as the neon replacement or the PT Cruiser.

Ok I lied. It's worse but not by much.

Well said. But you have to admit, those whitewall tires look nice, and the 4 chrome exhaust tips aren't too shabby either. Looking at that thing, it almost is kind of beautiful in a way, just because of what it is.

Brian

Kev
03-29-05, 08:01 PM
Well said. But you have to admit, those whitewall tires look nice, and the 4 chrome exhaust tips aren't too shabby either. Looking at that thing, it almost is kind of beautiful in a way, just because of what it is.

BrianO - K No more drugs for Brian! :hide: :getaway:

Stoneage_Caddy
03-29-05, 08:22 PM
bwahahhaa its called a "aurora"

boy does that tarnish the Olds Aurora's image ....One of the Prettiest cars int he world to one of the ugliest , boath named aurora

Vesicant
03-29-05, 08:37 PM
Maybe the designer of that car was trying to diss the designs of the day by out-uglifying them :histeric: . I think the front could have been salvaged though and made into something wicked looking.

Kev
03-29-05, 08:48 PM
I was looking at the front thinking, "Wait a minute, is that the front or the back? It's got what looks like head lights but, that bulbous plastic has to be the rear window and look at that nice sweeping windshield on the other end."

I had to read the article to see that it was indeed the front. I remember hearing about how dangerous the wrap around windshields were because of the distorted view. Ironic indeed that it was touted by it's designer to be the safest car around.

Poor guy, must have been hittin' the sacrament cabinet a little too often......... :hide::leaving:

HotRodSaint
03-29-05, 08:55 PM
I think it's cool he restored this from a historical aspect.

Randy_W
03-29-05, 09:21 PM
The comeback of the world's ugliest car.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Chrysler 300!:lildevil:

90Brougham350
03-29-05, 11:25 PM
O - K No more drugs for Brian! :hide: :getaway:

Oh come on! I try to keep a level head around here! LOL I just mean it's kind of beautiful, in an odd sort of way, just because of the time and effort and whatnot that went into it. I'll admit, that windshield and those fenders and quarters are really quite offensive, but, well, you know what I mean! Oh hell, you all know I'm nuts anyways..... :suspense:

Brian

kmhebert
03-29-05, 11:29 PM
It looks like he made the car of wax and left it out in the sun too long.

D148L0
03-30-05, 10:58 AM
I think it's cool he restored this from a historical aspect.
And most likely he made a good investment. It is one of a kind, no matter how ugly it is...

Kev
03-30-05, 11:28 AM
All jokes aside, D148L0 is right. If he plays his cards right the guy will get a nice return on his investment and years of labor and have the historical notoriety of being the one who restored it.

Kudos to him I say!

Elvis
03-30-05, 01:57 PM
I was looking at the front thinking, "Wait a minute, is that the front or the back?

I knew somebody who had a dog like that.

Poor little car. It doesn't know it's ugly. It can't help it. I'm glad somebody restored it and they're putting it in a museum.

turbojimmy
03-30-05, 02:15 PM
I like this caption the best:

"the Aurora's unique reversible seats, designed to be used before an impact."

Now I realize that people probably drove a bit slower in the 50s, but if you had time to rotate your seat before impact, wouldn't you also probably have the time to avoid said impact?

My dad was impressed by the exit feature on the seat in my 2001 DTS. He thinks the return of days when some Pontiacs (and other marques I'm sure) had seats that rotated so you could step out of the car aren't too far away. I agree. The American population is getting too old and too fat to exit their vehicles without some assistance from the seats.

Jim

Kev
03-30-05, 03:33 PM
Forget the air bags, forget side impact reinforcement, forget all that stuff! I'm in favor of installing rocket propelled ejection seats. That's the ticket! Equip the car with a SPecial Early Warning Detction Impact Sensor, (SPEW-DIS).
"Danger, Impact Imminent. Automatic Ejection in 3..2..1.."

Roof panels pop of with small explosive charges, you hear a little 'pffft' as the rocket booster ingites and the next thing you know, you are propelled up to a pleasant and safe parachuting altitude. Not intended for use in tunnles, suspension bridges or enclosed parking structures.

They are also very convenient for those awkward, obnxious blind dates and unruley passengers. If things get too uncomfortable, you just hit the manual button and say "Buh-bye" to the offending passenger. Or, better yet, hit the button for your seat and leave your troubles behind!

http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/aviation/img/saab/mbmk10ls.jpg

http://home.hetnet.nl/%7Ehud/PLAATJESMAP/Nikos.jpg

"Now you be good back there Junior, or mommy's gonna hafta push your little button."

Kev
03-30-05, 03:36 PM
Little hep! Little hep here guys! I think I may have lost it! :cookoo: :eek: :banghead: :banghead2:bulging::banana:

Stoneage_Caddy
03-30-05, 04:08 PM
where do i get those seats ? wall mart doesnt sell them ....

also need the sidewinder missile system from a f15 ....damned corollas

Kev
03-30-05, 04:28 PM
where do i get those seats ? wall mart doesnt sell them ....

also need the sidewinder missile system from a f15 ....damned corollasYeah, they discontinued them in their East Coast stores, try Piggly Wiggly, I thougt I saw an advertisement where they were giving them a try, new automotive section, think they were on special too....

Here on the Left Coast we prefer the Minigun solution in traffic. Not quite as messy but very effective and the whole family can participate in turn!
http://www.purehoodia.com/images/minigun.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
03-30-05, 04:33 PM
Yeah, they discontinued them in their East Coast stores, try Piggly Wiggly, I thougt I saw an advertisement where they were giving them a try, new automotive section, think they were on special too....

Here on the Left Coast we prefer the Minigun solution in traffic. Not quite as messy but very effective and the whole family can participate in turn!
http://www.purehoodia.com/images/minigun.jpg
oh man ...thats too damned funny ...... :histeric:

Kev
03-30-05, 04:43 PM
It looks like he made the car of wax and left it out in the sun too long.OH! Now I get it!! :histeric::histeric:

I know, it took me a while. I'm gettin old and slow here.

:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

Ralph
03-31-05, 01:14 AM
Aw Kevo! That's funny stuff!!!

90Brougham350
03-31-05, 09:55 AM
Ralph, what's going on! Where's Nat? Ashley's nice, but come on, it's Nat!

Brian

D148L0
03-31-05, 10:48 AM
Ralph, what's going on! Where's Nat? Ashley's nice, but come on, it's Nat!

Brian
Speaking of the devil... I found this for your collection, crazy canuck ;) :D

juiceE
03-31-05, 11:46 AM
Speaking of the devil... I found this for your collection, crazy canuck ;) :D

whoa i didnt know u canadians up there have women like that, ass to die for, and color on skin, i didnt know canadians have melanin

lunch aint comin 4 another hour... and im already hungry for sum tacos... pink tacos that is:kitty::tongue2:

Ralph
03-31-05, 02:16 PM
She's just a "temp" as I adjust and fix a new batch of Nat avatars. ;)

she's VERY patriotic. :worship:

Rauf
03-31-05, 04:14 PM
Oh.......my......... :shocked2: :vomit:

http://www.rexfeatures.com/features/516925/lo-res/516925r.jpg
"Objects In The
Windshield May
Appear Closer
Than They Are"

Uhh! Looks like a used condom. :histeric: