: Best fm transmitter for iPod

drdsgolf
03-29-05, 11:38 AM
I'm not ready to try hard-wiring this yet, but I bought the Belkin FM transmitter and it is very disappointing, a lot of static. Anyone have any of the other versions having any better luck? The Monsters Digital Fm Transmitter and Charger looks more substantial.

ds

darvish
03-29-05, 11:53 AM
My iPod came with a free iTrip FM transmitter.... it works great.... only problem is, if you travel to an area where the frequency is no longer unused.. you need the itunes program on you computer to change the transmitter frequency.

But as soon as a hardwire solution presents itself.. I am going with that.

Bill
St Louis

pinnacle71
03-29-05, 11:54 AM
The Monster works great. Get the new one, with the frequency display that allows you to set it to (almost) any frequency you want.
-Greg

ctsvett
03-29-05, 01:20 PM
If you must use an FM transmitter, I recommend the Griffin iTrip. IT fits on the ipod sleekly and uses the internal battery.

All fm transmitters have staic, so there is no gettting around that unless you hardwire: (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/auxaud/index.html)

Reed

Playdrv4me
03-29-05, 01:42 PM
Dont expect any real improvement with any of these, youll end up going through the hassle of getting another one only to find it similar. In fact, even aftermarket CD Changers that plug DIRECTLY INTO the antenna port with heavy duty FM modulators suffer from static and drift. Hardwiring or cassette adapters (or for our STS friends, AV Ports :annoyed: ) are the only way to go.

chevyorange
03-29-05, 01:46 PM
The all work pretty much the same but I have an Xtreme Mac AirPlay that beat the hell out of my iTrip.

Another benefit is that it has the buttons to change the frequency on the device rather than having to fiddle with iPod menus while driving.

It is about the size of a quarter in height!

Adam

dmn8
03-29-05, 02:44 PM
I have tried the Belkin and the I-Trip, both didn't work very well, I am very picky.

I spent $45 for the hardwired FM modulator and another $25 to have it installed. It is very clear and much better than any of the ones that I have tried.

Don't do it yourself, just take it to a very good stereo shop.

drdsgolf
03-31-05, 01:13 AM
I took the Belkin back and bought the newest Monster iCarPlay. In my hands, in my V, in the crowded (airwaves) Santa Clara Valley, I was able to get static free excellent sound with the Monster. For now I'll stick with it. It was surprising clear and crisp.

ds

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-31-05, 12:07 PM
I also like my monster icarplay.
I am moving this so more people can see and comment. Its not a cts-v issue its just advice on the best fm transmitter. :)

slk230mb
03-31-05, 01:12 PM
I also like my monster icarplay.
I am moving this so more people can see and comment. Its not a cts-v issue its just advice on the best fm transmitter. :)

Which belongs in Infotainment...here she goes again...

drdsgolf
04-01-05, 12:02 AM
The reason I thought it might belong in the CTS-V section is that every car is different when it comes to FM reception, especially using an fm transmitter for music. I wondered if one of these model might work especially in the V.

ds