: re-aiming head lights

carguy16
03-28-05, 11:48 PM
How is this done? I know on square head lights, like on the 89 Fleetwoods, you take a screw driver and turn the screws to change directions.

How would I do it with my head lights? They are pointing in different directions, thanks.

davesdeville
03-29-05, 02:38 AM
I'm just curious, did you even look at the car before you asked? Almost all older headlights are adjustable with screws either on the front around the edge of the light or from above the light.

DopeStar 156
03-29-05, 12:26 PM
I've got a question myself, how do you aim them so you know they're straight? Do you want them dead ahead of you, or off to the sides a bit or what? Mine looks like my left one is creating a beam on the ground right off the edge of the hood when I'm behind the wheel.

carguy16
03-29-05, 02:37 PM
I thought I said that in the message, older square head lights are adjustable by turning screws. I looked at the head lights in my car, and had no idea how to level them, seems they just pop/screw in.

I'm just curious, did you even look at the car before you asked? Almost all older headlights are adjustable with screws either on the front around the edge of the light or from above the light.

davesdeville
03-29-05, 05:38 PM
Well like I said sometimes they're adjustable from above the light. On my ETC which is nothing like your car there's a couple small holes in a plastic cover above the lights which a screwdriver fits through to make the adjustments.

carguy16
03-29-05, 08:36 PM
I will have to take a closer look on my 94 Fleetwood Brougham.

Well like I said sometimes they're adjustable from above the light. On my ETC which is nothing like your car there's a couple small holes in a plastic cover above the lights which a screwdriver fits through to make the adjustments.