: Something you may not want in your mirror

Stoneage_Caddy
03-28-05, 02:02 PM
Remeber the good ol days , when you got pulled over by a mopar that could run worth its nuts and bolts ? Diplomat and interpid be damned ...Looming soon in your rear view mirror ....with 345hp ...chrager ....
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/9376_image.jpg

Dukes of hazzard might wonder ...now its a charger chaseing charger ...

sts15l7
03-28-05, 02:04 PM
damn...that looks insane lolz :cookoo:

ShadowLvr400
03-28-05, 02:38 PM
Told ya Dodge would do it. I said when the 300C came out with the Hemi, that if DC was smart, they'd offer a stripped down, dodge badged version for law enforcement.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-28-05, 02:42 PM
Told ya Dodge would do it. I said when the 300C came out with the Hemi, that if DC was smart, they'd offer a stripped down, dodge badged version for law enforcement.
i knew it too ...my waiting was on if dodge came out with a 4 door insated of a wagon ...as soon as charger came out i knew either A police dept were gonna go to dealer lots and buy them up or B dodge would offer a police package ...

Now we know ....i tell ya , this one will be right up there with the Polara and the 9c1 as the legendary cop cars

But will they offer a persuit version with the 6.1 hemi ? this would take the place of persuit camaros and mustangs (floridas camaros are getting long in the tooth)

by the end i think there will be three versions , a 3.5v6 , ad 5.7 hemi and maybe the 6.1

Jesda
03-28-05, 03:04 PM
Crap! Outrunning Crown Vics was so easy. :(

Playdrv4me
03-28-05, 03:44 PM
City police departments will most surely be getting the 3.5L V6 versions. I now understand why this thing came out with four doors instead of two as well. Im sure that a major reasoning behind this was for police departments across the nation to replace their aging Impalas with these Chargers, but while maintaining the fuel economy of the V6 Impala. I really only see the Hemi version possibly being used for pursuit vehicles, like State Highway police and troopers.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-28-05, 03:48 PM
<---- eagerly awaits the return of the slant six and duster nameplate on a charger chassis with 2 doors BWAHAHAHAHA

CoupeDevilleRob
03-28-05, 06:19 PM
City police departments will most surely be getting the 3.5L V6 versions. I now understand why this thing came out with four doors instead of two as well. Im sure that a major reasoning behind this was for police departments across the nation to replace their aging Impalas with these Chargers, but while maintaining the fuel economy of the V6 Impala. I really only see the Hemi version possibly being used for pursuit vehicles, like State Highway police and troopers.

I totally agree. Back in the 60's and 70's most cop cars in New York City were sixes because the city wanted to save money on gas and buy the cheapest model they could. Only the Highway Unit got the big V8s. The 3.5 is plenty fast for any city police work. That Hemi should help restore some respect to highway patrolmen and state troopers. Those outdated Crown Vics have nothing on this thing in terms of performance.

RBraczyk
03-28-05, 06:54 PM
There's only one time I outran a cop...........

davesdeville
03-28-05, 06:55 PM
Now are they actually offering a police package Charger or not? Cause I remember seeing this pic (http://www.helpsupportourtroops.net/Viper/1994%20Dodge%20Viper%20GTS%20Police%20Car%20Frt%20 Qtr.jpg) back in the day but thankfully nothing came of it.

RBraczyk
03-28-05, 07:00 PM
I'll tell my story anyways, even though no one will ask. 120 in a 30 in the S2k, interceptor saw me,pulled out, put lights on, then realized he wouldn't catch up because we were going into a shitload of tight turns, and I outhandled him, so he shut the lights off and turned around.

ben72227
03-28-05, 08:11 PM
you know, it doesn't look quite bad anymore now that i see like this. I mean i thought the normal charger (and still think) the normal charger was ugly, but it looks good as a cop car. It's a shame we had to resort to Dodges though. Chevy needs to get their act together.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-28-05, 09:22 PM
Now are they actually offering a police package Charger or not? Cause I remember seeing this pic (http://www.helpsupportourtroops.net/Viper/1994%20Dodge%20Viper%20GTS%20Police%20Car%20Frt%20 Qtr.jpg) back in the day but thankfully nothing came of it.
yup theyve been talking about it for months , early on it was going to be based of the magnum wagon ...but cops didnt like the idea becuse all there gear would fly around in the cargo area (ever see how much crap is in the trunk of a cop car?)..the 300 was too flashy and pricey..

the viper was given by dodge to the CHP if memory serves , not sure how much duty it sees , probably either a "DARE" car or was sold to benefit some cop organization...

Im still not sure how the PD will look at the charger , most will say "oh hell yes dodge rear drive" others will see it for other things like "crap it has IRS" and "crap a unibody" or "crap we have to get rid of these 16 inch tires weve been useing since the mid 90s"

one of my biggest beef is the car has alum 17in wheels ...not the standard steel 16 inch wheel that the 9c1 and crown vic had (they used the same tire) in fact the police tahoe was made to accept the standard 16 inch tire also so PDs would like it beatter ...i think the interpid and impala also had the same tire as the crown vic ...

they need to bring this wheel back for the Dodge Cop car :
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/wheels/mrlypol.jpg
Nothing said Mopar cop car like that wheel .....

RealmCenter
03-28-05, 10:11 PM
Talk about long in tooth, I believe Eastpointe MI still has a black IROC-Z as their "D.A.R.E." car. They may have since de-commisioned it since I moved out of there though, that was about 3 years ago.

Elvis
03-29-05, 11:16 AM
he shut the lights off and turned around.

No, he just went back to the station to get a spatula.