: Gas Spill?

ickmak
03-28-05, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone,I have a 99 Sport. The other day I was filling up my tank when all the sudden, I had a gas spill, it came out of the spicket:confused: . The nozzle didn't click and stop pumping this is the 3rd time its happened. I tried different postions of the nozzle but it didn't work. Anyone know whats going on?

Vesicant
03-28-05, 01:23 PM
Have you tried different gas stations? Otherwise...

There were some issues with the filler neck on Cateras being "mal-formed". It would have odd angles or blockages from the way it set up improperly. Get a new filler neck installed and it should take care of the problem.

ickmak
03-28-05, 01:28 PM
Yep three different gas stations all the same result. I will try getting a new filler neck and see if that fixes the problem thanks

CateraSport2000
03-28-05, 03:51 PM
Yikes! I had that happen to my 2000 Catera Sport. I ended up with a puddle of gas on my garage floor one day. The dealer ended up replacing the entire gas tank under warranty with no questions asked. The problem is a venting issue in the fuel filler neck. I don't know if you can replace the neck only as I assume they would have done that.

Good luck,
Jeff