: 2006 Dts-Where is the ECU

cadwilliam
08-25-13, 01:22 PM
I think I need a new ECU for different reasons. Can some please tell me where the ecu is located....Thank you.

crazcaddyguy
08-25-13, 01:36 PM
I believe and please someone chime in... but it's in the air cleaner box. You have to open it then pull the cover off, then you will see it by the front of the car.

Superjim
08-25-13, 02:28 PM
The ECU very seldom goes bad....
Why do you think you need a new one ??

The ECU is "INSIDE" the cold air tube.... right behind the drivers side headlight...
The Transmission Control Unit is mounted on the inside of the drivers fender right close to the master cylinder...
It has a big blue connector on it.

cadwilliam
08-25-13, 07:15 PM
The reason I believe I need a new ecu it car will sometime run really rough. Then the car will raise the rpm up and down on its own until it corrects itself. Also the car will cut off on its own sometime and then will wont do it for awhile so basically the car will run incorrectly at times...what's your guys opinion??

Superjim
08-25-13, 08:47 PM
That does not sound like the ECU...
Go to some place (like AutoZone) that can read the codes.
WRITE THEM DOWN and then post them here.

We will help you decipher them and what they mean.

cadwilliam
08-26-13, 12:54 AM
No codes but sometimes a code for the oxygen sensor will come on and go off on its own. That's all...

Superjim
08-26-13, 10:17 AM
No codes but sometimes a code for the oxygen sensor will come on and go off on its own. That's all...

Check your INTAKE MANIFOLD bolts... make sure they are snugged down good.
You may have a vacuum leak.

Call around to some local garages and find someone with a TECH 2....
A Tech 2 will read ALL the codes... The Autozone scanners can only read engine codes.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-26-13, 12:43 PM
The reason I believe I need a new ecu it car will sometime run really rough. Then the car will raise the rpm up and down on its own until it corrects itself. Also the car will cut off on its own sometime and then will wont do it for awhile so basically the car will run incorrectly at times...what's your guys opinion??

Hello cadwilliam,

I see Superjim has offered advice for your situation. I am sorry you are dealing with a vehicle concern of it running rough. If you would like to further discuss your current situation, please reach out to us via private message and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

cadwilliam
08-26-13, 11:11 PM
I have attached a photo. I checked all my bolts and they a tight. Also I don't believe it would be a manifold issues because the problem is not consist enough but that may not mean nothing. In the attach photo there is a small pipe sticking out, it is black. Is there a hose that is suppose to be attach to that pope coming out of the manifold?