: 15" subwofers

bs4sho
03-27-05, 09:50 PM
how many 15" square subwoofers can i fit in a 96 eldo?

WinnipegCadillac
03-29-05, 12:54 AM
Is this a trick question? Sorry, just pictured clowns piling out of a circus car! I would think two would be sufficient? Otherwise, I guess the sky is the limit! Hope it goes well!

americanbodybuilding
03-29-05, 02:10 AM
If you're looking to put any more than 4, you might as well buy a lowrider truck and drive up and down your hood with those kicker's hooked up, blastin Mexican Rap by Cypress Hill. Be sure to hold you're 9 mil out the window, "case any trippin fools wanna try and run up on yo turf!"
=Seth

EsquireMedia
03-29-05, 10:54 AM
lol - wow...yeah I don't know about all that

STS 310
03-29-05, 05:25 PM
If you're looking to put any more than 4, you might as well buy a lowrider truck and drive up and down your hood with those kicker's hooked up, blastin Mexican Rap by Cypress Hill. Be sure to hold you're 9 mil out the window, "case any trippin fools wanna try and run up on yo turf!"
=Seth

Mexican rap as opposed to what???????
Maybe he wants to compete in SPL competition, or maybe he wants to piss the neighbors off.

Anyway, save your stupid racist remarks for another board.:tisk:

D148L0
03-29-05, 05:30 PM
Chill, STS... I'm sure there is no ill intention in his comment.

STS 310
03-29-05, 05:43 PM
Im over it.

D148L0
03-29-05, 05:52 PM
By the way, clear your PM box...

STS 310
03-29-05, 05:58 PM
Done deal, you want to send that PM again?

Biggp0
04-02-05, 09:30 PM
I think it would depend on what you want spl or sq. I have a 96 SLS with 2 15"RF hx2's in a 6^3 gross Ported box and I could barley get it in the trunk. I had to remove my spare tire and put my amps in the wheel well.

Your asking about square subs so I am assuming your talking about Kicker L5 or L7's. I have heard only 1 set of L7's that sound really nice(loud) without being ported and they were 2 12's in a '04 Explorer and it was an sq install he was not trying to get real loud.

with that being said I don't think you could get 4 L7 15's in the trunk of a Eldo and make them work to their full potential. I would suggest 2 15's ported or maybe 3 in sealed box with lots of clean power and upgrade your electrical system. Good kuck :coolgleam

americanbodybuilding
04-03-05, 07:57 PM
STS, Mexican rap is a song by cypress hill, damn fool. Don't reply to things you know nothing about. anyways, BS, the only way you're going to fit 4 square 15's is by taking out the rear seat and fabbing a box that goes through to the trunk. The whole idea with kicker's L5's and L7's was to create a sub that didn't need much air space, especially in vented situations, this didn't work and the square subs now need more air space than most any other sub, though it would be sick to fab out a huge box and take out your rear seats, it's unwise, as you'll end up having to replace so much other stuff, you're shocks eventually from the 4 or 5 hundred pounds that will be constantly weighing down on them, your windows once you blow them by turning you're stereo at half capacity. You're alternator will go right away, and various other things. If you really want a lot of bass and want to save your rear seat, I'd go for the Kicker's Solo X 15, which produces 5000 watts RMS, greater than your 4 l7's put together, and that's only if you're real stuck on the idea of square subs. If not, I'd get away from Kicker, as they only have marginal stuff besides the l5, l7 and solo series.
=Seth

D148L0
04-03-05, 08:10 PM
STS, Mexican rap is a song by cypress hill, damn fool. Don't reply to things you know nothing about. anyways, BS, the only way you're going to fit 4 square 15's is by taking out the rear seat and fabbing a box that goes through to the trunk. The whole idea with kicker's L5's and L7's was to create a sub that didn't need much air space, especially in vented situations, this didn't work and the square subs now need more air space than most any other sub, though it would be sick to fab out a huge box and take out your rear seats, it's unwise, as you'll end up having to replace so much other stuff, you're shocks eventually from the 4 or 5 hundred pounds that will be constantly weighing down on them, your windows once you blow them by turning you're stereo at half capacity. You're alternator will go right away, and various other things. If you really want a lot of bass and want to save your rear seat, I'd go for the Kicker's Solo X 15, which produces 5000 watts RMS, greater than your 4 l7's put together, and that's only if you're real stuck on the idea of square subs. If not, I'd get away from Kicker, as they only have marginal stuff besides the l5, l7 and solo series.
=Seth
:yeah: I say that all the time: It's better to get only one (but the best you can afford) rather than 2 or more of lesser performance only because they "look cool". More does not mean better.

Two notes, though: One, an alternator will go as fast with one sub as it does with 20 since the number of subs is not what determines the strain on it; and Two: a sub does not produce watts, it handles them.

americanbodybuilding
04-04-05, 10:17 AM
really? Wow I had no idea...
=Seth

STS 310
04-04-05, 05:37 PM
STS, Mexican rap is a song by cypress hill, damn fool. Don't reply to things you know nothing about.=Seth

DIABLO, just one more post by me to this clown and I will leave it alone.

I need no introduction to Cypress HIll.

I have had the pleasure of meeting B Real at Staples center at a Laker game and had the chance to talk with him during a half time "smoke break" on two occasions.

I also have enjoyed Cypress' music since you were filling dipers.

And finally, If you are Hispanic, well, my bad. But your not, so QAYATE!!! (shut up)

Im done.

americanbodybuilding
04-04-05, 09:41 PM
so.. what's your point besides talkin smack?
=Seth

Deville n J-ville
04-04-05, 10:22 PM
If you're stuck on the idea of 15's, just go for two in a ported enclosure. If you can fit about 7 cubic ft of box in your trunk, and have the right power to them (1500/pr L5's....2000/pr L7's) you won't be disapointed given a proper install.

By the way, Kicker doesn't make a Solo X 15.

sts15l7
04-05-05, 04:05 AM
i had 2 15 inch L7s in my car (hence my username)...yeah, they were fun...good times :thumbsup:

(why isnt the attachments thingy working?? :hmm: i would have uploaded pics)

oh and deville n jvnle...of course bs4sho has an eldorado so he has no backseat, but in my seville i know for a FACT there was no room for a ported box for those subs...its probably possible in an eldo though...:lildevil:

99GravyTrain
04-12-05, 07:07 PM
why do you need more than 2?

DJ Kontakt
04-21-05, 03:28 PM
I have seen 4 done, but they were in sealed boxes, and it was a show install. There is no way it could have performed well with the directions the subs were facing!