: nitrous question

LasCruces-V
08-25-13, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone, I have a question I was looking into moving my single fogger to hide it better. I was googling the best locations. I was looking at my intake manifold (ls6) and I have a capped port on the neck where the valve cover breather went. I tried to see if it was a good idea or not to mount it there. Which would be after the throttle body. Spraying directly into the manifold. Is this a good idea or would I be playing with fire? Thanks in advance.

sammyboy
08-25-13, 01:15 AM
Bad idea foggers need to be ran through the maf.

DMM
08-25-13, 09:10 AM
Wow....just wow. No on the port and absolutely no on the MAF. NOS requires atomization which is why the port on the intake is a bad idea. If I need to explain why NOS should not be run through the MAF, you're handing over your keys.

rbzstsv
08-25-13, 09:27 AM
Handing over keys? You sir almost made coffee exit my nose lmao

LasCruces-V
08-25-13, 10:10 AM
I am talking about a wet shot not dry. Even with the single nozzle premixing the n20 and fuel the fuel might cause puddling right? I was thinking the concept would be correct but was thinking if anything I would have uneven distribution throughout the cylinders if anything. I didnt know if anyone had tried it.

Becker
08-25-13, 10:25 AM
I have yet to see a Caddy have an intake explosion!!

----------

If you want to hide your nitrous (dont fully understand why) give nitrous express a call they make a fully hidden kit "The Money Maker" that is pretty trick. Check it out if you havnt already

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/nitrous-express-ls3-hidden-system-gives-you-the-edge-you-need/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nitrous-express-ls3-hidden-system-gives-you-the-edge-you-need&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

----------

Actually I stand corrected, apparently Nitrous Outlet is the real Money Makers

sammyboy
08-25-13, 01:02 PM
Wow....just wow. No on the port and absolutely no on the MAF. NOS requires atomization which is why the port on the intake is a bad idea. If I need to explain why NOS should not be run through the MAF, you're handing over your keys.

Sorry from my experience with dry kit they are sprayed across the maf to compensate for fuel. Otherwise your tune would have to be just pig rich all the time. If I am incorrect please educate me. This is the first article I found on google http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html . I would strongly recommend talking to Dave (n2o outlet) if you want to "hide" your setup. I have a nice 102 setup built by them it is truly a work of art.

----------

As far as a cheap way to hide it put the noida in the air box and tap the intake tube on the bottom wrap line in loom if its a wet kit.

Hammar
08-26-13, 05:18 PM
Just to fuel the fire, I ran 100dry through the MAF for a couple summers. It let me hide the solenoid in the fender and just run one small steel line in to the airbox, with the nozzle pointing at the MAF. The stock ECU added fuel, it ran 12.5AFR's like a champ. I considered adding a bit more fuel, but it was dead consistent so I left it alone...

Good luck whatever you choose.

Hammar
Maggied 2005V

Becker
08-26-13, 07:04 PM
I am pretty sure a DRY Kit is before the maf, hence why it is a dry kit. If you were to spray after the MAF on a Dry system the ecm would not see that it needs to add fuel right? I could be wrong but I thought this is how it worked.

xbladr
08-26-13, 10:23 PM
I also thought Dry had to be pre maf but then again I would not run a dry kit.

CTS-V_07
08-27-13, 09:15 AM
Dry is before the maf... I would perfer a wet kit over dry kit any day though.

Becker
08-27-13, 09:43 AM
From 50 to 125 I think Dry is well worth it as far bang and buck. Now anything more than that a good direct port is the way to go! :)

Hammar
08-27-13, 01:21 PM
Correcto.

I ran several hundred pounds through mine dry with no issues. I understand some folks aren't comfy with dry, to each their own I guess :)

Hammar
Maggied 2005V

I am pretty sure a DRY Kit is before the maf, hence why it is a dry kit. If you were to spray after the MAF on a Dry system the ecm would not see that it needs to add fuel right? I could be wrong but I thought this is how it worked.

xbladr
08-27-13, 09:29 PM
Hammar can you enlighten us more on your setup. What dry kit what mods did your V have when you were running the dry kit etc.

Becker
08-28-13, 09:40 AM
Check out some threads on LS1tech there is some good stuff over there. If it were me doing nitrous on my V I would absolutely go Dry. When I had my trans am I use to be on LS1tech quite a bit, and I would see these 75 - 125 jet DRY systems on various setups and they just kicked ass. Ran great very streetable, no tuning issues.. Obviously if you want more its going to be more money and also more work but I think if you did a poll on Dry vs Wet for 75-125 or 150 most would say Dry. Best bang for Buck imo.

Hammar
08-28-13, 01:33 PM
My setup was very simple :)

NGK plugs, one step colder than 'stock,' TR6 if I remember right
60lb Bosch injectors
NOS brand RPM/TPS window switch to trigger the solenoid (3000 to 6000rpms, TPS at 95%+)
Edlebrock Nitroius Filter, Solenoid, & nozzle. (the nozzle laid on top of the air filter element pointing at the MAF)
Bottle in the spare tire well in the trunk.
Bottle opener and off/on switch in the ashtray.
I run an Innovate LC1 wideband and EFIlive to log data.

That's pretty much it. I'm not at all shy about 'collecting' misc parts/brands and making something work. That was how this came about, our collective car guy group had a part here/part there and the next thing you know... bottle fed V.

I started testing at 35hp/50hp/75hp/100hp. We watched and debated timing a lot, but ended up at stock since there was no sign of knock.

I'm pretty confident we were near fuel pump capacity, but I didn't step to 125 or more to test it ;)

Hammar